xiii

• third person •

"I fought you and almost destroyed a whole city and you want me to join your team?"

Lumine scratched her head. "Yeah."

"Paimon's not so sure about this..."

Childe burst out into laughter. "Really? Of course I'll join your team then. I'll deal with anyone you need to me to! We can keep it a secret, if you'd like." He smirked.

Although this is going according to plan... I don't like this one bit...

• y/n's pov •

"Ajax..."

I stepped forward in disbelief, reaching out to touch his face, as if to check if he were real. The soft skin rubbed against my fingers, affirming it. My vision blurred.

"Uh... do you guys know each other? Paimon's confused..."

"Me too," Lumine whispered.

I examined his blue eyes. They didn't sparkle like they used to, though, they were gentle, as if he were hugging me indirectly.

"Long time no see."

Without thought, I instantaneously fell into his arms the moment he spoke. His voice had gotten slightly deeper, and he'd even gotten a little taller.

"Paimon thinks we're interrupting a moment..."

"You missed me that much?" Ajax rubbed my back, giving it a gentle smack. "I missed you even more. You didn't even say goodbye to me."

"What're you doing here- Ah-!"

All of a sudden, I was yanked back. My eyebrows furrowed.

"He's a Fatui."

I brushed Diluc's hand off me. "Diluc-"

His arm blocked my way to Ajax, pushing me back.

I turned to glare at him. His eyes were bloodshot red.

"You brought a Fatui." Diluc looked at Lumine. "You brought a Fatui to casually tread Mondstadt grounds."

"Diluc Ragnvindr. I've heard about you. Kinda. Apparently you're banned from Snezhnaya or something." Ajax chuckled. I grabbed Diluc's arm, pushing it away.

Lumine stepped beside Ajax. "No, I told you he doesn't have any bad intentions. He just wants to help! We've already fought fair and square and I defeated him, so he wouldn't do anything bad while he's with us or he knows what's coming!"

I rubbed my head. Fuck. Fuck, I forgot how much Diluc hated the Fatui. Fuck.

I got so carried away seeing Ajax again... I completely forgot he was one as well...

I noticed Diluc's gaze on me. My pupils shook: unexpectedly I felt scared. He wasn't going to hurt Ajax, was he?

"Who is he to you?" Diluc muttered. His claymore was by his side.

"He's- He's my friend. Child-childhood friend," I stammered. "He's very special to me."

"If you wanna fight, go all out! I love a good fight."