"It's enough for Dad to be with me. Don't blame yourself."

She smiled broadly as she comforted her crying Dad. Dad took a deep breath and made a gloomy face.

Um, Dad...

"Dad, don't you think I've changed too much lately?"

"Huh?"

In fact, for the past week, she was a bit nervous even though she was being reckless. What if Siden finds out? Even though she couldn't play Arietta, it was even more so because she thought it would be quite difficult if her Dad found out and hated her. However, her Dad accepted her no matter how different she acted from Arietta before. She thought that good things were good, but she had always wondered why.

"Gid and the Emperor, they told me that I had changed, but my Dad didn't seem to mention anything."

Ah! Dad exclaimed briefly. And he smiles softly and places a big hand on her head.

"Whether you change or not, you are still my daughter."

Then her Dad smiled as if he remembered something.

"And when you were young, you were a huge tomboy."

Yes it was. It was such a setup.

It was after losing her mother that Arietta began to change. That was the starting point when the cracks in this harmonious family began to fall. Arietta, who was smiling, active and a bit of a fuss recently, had never been like that before, but only Siden remembered it.

"At some point, you stopped talking and became a grown-up, but your Dad still prefers you to be silly."

If you can lean on me, then lean on me.

There was no way that she could have known the lines that Siden swallowed. Without realizing it, the gentle touch of him stroking her head as if it was only natural, made her feel something she couldn't understand. She hung the tears in her eyes and held it in her Dad's arms.

"Dad!"

Siden gently held her in his arms. The kindness in his hand melted her heart. Anyways, this poor guy. She wonders why she only chooses now to do such lovely things, because she really likes her Dad so much that it brings tears to her eyes.

"Hehe."

"You like it?"

She nodded. And even her Dad laughed at the sound of her small laughter. She smiled softly and hugged him tighter.

"Dad's arms are warm."

It was really warm. It was warmer than just the warmth that envelops her.

Oh, what should I do...

She really likes Siden. Her dad is so good. She kept smiling foolishly, feeling like her body was melting in his warm and friendly arms.

"Ari, you can't sleep. You should go to bed after dinner."

"Just one minute..."

Dad, I'm really glad you're my father, really...

Falling asleep in that warm embrace, she kept repeating that thought.

She prayed that tomorrow would not come, but her heart didn't even know and the sun mercilessly lit up the world on Sunday morning. Ah, before she went to sleep yesterday, she prayed for all the gods she knew, such as God, Buddha, Allah, Jesus, Grandpa Dangun(1), Zeus, Aphrodite, Odin, and even Shiva in India, but there was no miracle of stopping time. Pathetic.