V1E13

Volume 1 Episode 13

* * *

"By the way, what agreement did you make with His Majesty? It's the first time I've heard of it."

"Oh, well..."

Come to think of it, she didn't tell her Dad. It wasn't a secret anyway, so she dragged her Dad to a nearby drawing room and sat down and told him the story step by step.

"So the conclusion is, if you and him have a luncheon every Sunday, you'll give him permission. That's why he allowed it. Isn't that annoying?"

As with all immature daughters, the Emperor's backstory and facts were mixed together, but somehow the reaction from her Dad was unusual. The atmosphere makes it impossible for someone to laugh. She kept her mouth shut and looked at her Dad. There was no change in his expressionless face, but without him knowing, her Dad's fist was trembling.

...Oh, Siden is angry.

She took a bite of the apple slice she had put in her mouth without thinking. Gulp, this is a little scary.

"Ari, if you don't want it, tell me. I can run to His Majesty right now and file a petition. Just tell your Dad!"

Does he think that's what it's all about? No, he knew. She's sure he knew. She put on a slightly troubled face at her Dad's intense reaction. In fact, having lunch every Sunday was a bit of a hassle, but it wasn't difficult enough to bother her Dad. All she has to do is wait patiently and eat. Of course, it's a pain to have a meal with someone she's not close to.

Oh yes. Seriously, Siden is weak against Arietta. It's not just because she's the only daughter who was left behind by his truly dear wife, but his daughter is also his world. Siden's thoughts were certainly a bit radical. He used to just watch her as his daughter didn't want any help from him before, but now...

"It's alright, Dad."

She smiled and sat right in front of her Dad.

"Don't make that face. It's really okay."

Her Dad looked like he was about to cry. It was kind of funny for a grown man to be like this, but it hurts her because it was Siden.

"Arietta, if you're doing this because of me..."

"No, Dad. It's really fine. We're not even fiancés yet."

In fact, if he tried to force her to be his fiancé, she was seriously contemplating whether she would climb up to the Academy's rooftop and cause a suicidal commotion. She can't let that slide. Then it'll be published in a full-fledged foreign newspaper, right? It would be an Imperial disgrace. But she was willing to do so if she could humiliate him and kick him far away. This world is a men's hell anyway! She doesn't care if her reputation falls to the ground! It's the same as not getting married! But Siden, who didn't know what she was thinking, ended up covering his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry. Your Dad is not strong enough..."

He was frustrated because he didn't know what to do.

Dad, don't cry! It's not your fault. Why do you blame yourself so much?

And it was Siden who stopped Mikhazen from trying to kill Arietta, who in the past had been ruthlessly swept away by royalty and dukes, who were powerless. Her Dad is the one who had kept Arietta alive, even if he had to face Yuan who hates so much, and used himself as bait. What else is he trying to do?

He was really really sad.

Yes. Still, because she had such a lovely Siden, Arietta would not have been so unhappy. There's Siden, a man like this is her Dad, and there was no way that Mikhazen would only make her unhappy. She was a little relieved to realize that she didn't give Arietta misfortune. She had created a place where she can attach affection and breathe. That's why Arietta couldn't rely on Siden even more. Because Siden was already overdoing it.