V1E8

Volume 1 Episode 8

* * *

"What's Kaya going to do now?"

"Sleep."

You're answering too quickly.

"Don't you have any classes?"

"No."

The way he shook his head made her wonder.

"But why are you at school?"

"Professor."

"Professor?"

"Yes, the professor called."

The guy who answered everything in a short-answer manner explained it a little bit longer and pointed right at her bag.

What do you mean, you've talked a lot, so you're asking for a prize?

She was skeptical, but she gently peeled the chocolate and put it in his mouth.

"Ah~"

Well, chew it well. Ah, somehow I think I can be a good mother.

"Then go home and sleep."

"Wind."

"Wind?"

Kaya nods when she asks again.

"Wind, good."

"Do you like the wind?"

"Yes, it's good."

In response, Kaya smiled broadly.

Damn, why does she suddenly feel like owning a dog?

It was amazing that she was talking to Kaya without any blockage, so Gid stepped in. Anyway, this guy's a little...

"Uh, you're pretty close with my senior. When did you become friends?"

When did they get close? Hmm...

"...Just now?"

"Huh?"

"About 30 seconds ago?"

Yeah, about 30 seconds ago. She nodded convincingly. Gid had a stupid look on his face, which was funny, but before she could even make fun of it, Kaya suddenly stepped in.

"Me and Arietta. Friends."

Kaya said with a smile. Somehow she was so happy... And sad at the same time.

Kaya, you like everyone who gives you food.

Somehow, she thought it would be the academy's fault to send Kaya out to a vicious society. He should learn that everyone is not a good person even if one gives him food, but the contents of that story later stood up, promising that someone would brainwash him slowly, taking time and inevitably.

She then pushed the backs of the two men, who had stupid expressions, in front of her.

"Come on, let's go to class. Let's go! Let's go!"

She's a little nervous because she thinks this life is going to be surprisingly enjoyable.

————————————————————————————————————

Somehow, I was summoned to the Imperial Palace as soon as class at the Academy was over.

Walking down the desolate hallway to see the Emperor, she looked very anxious.