V1E9

Volume 1 Episode 9

* * *

"Arietta."

She opened her mouth. To a guy who doesn't even like Arietta and even wants to kill her...

"I really loved you."

What is this feeling? Remorse? Sympathy? Or, guilt?

Is it because she took Arietta's body, so she was sorry? She couldn't figure out why she was doing this, even though she was committing it. But she didn't want Arietta to be forgotten like this, so casually. She may be Arietta now, but the Arietta before her was also Arietta.

"You're talking like you're not Arietta right now."

At Mikhazen's reply, which sounded drowsy and fresh, she felt a cold sensation in her blood. Yes. Just this kind of reaction. Such a dry response that is neither surprising nor desirable. She let out a laugh inadvertently. Yes, she knew this would be his reaction. However, she still said it, even though she knew it already. Because she wanted to say it out loud even just once. The words that Arietta couldn't say until she died.

It's painful, her heart hurts so badly.

Arietta. Her Arietta. Dear Ari. She thinks she cared too much about her, who was just one of the characters in her novel. She feels like she's going to cry.

The Emperor will continue to go crazy like this. And it culminates in Arietta's seventeenth birthday, when Edel fell here from Earth.

In this world, there is a place called 'God's Hill'. It's kind of like a sanctuary, and there's a temple there. The so-called 'Garden of God' was a place where the 'threader', who interpreted the future he saw around the 'Son of God', and the Son of God, who saw the future with God's eyes, lived together.

When Panian was founded, the priests who unraveled the future for the Emperor tasted the power and soon suppressed the Emperor's power with the power to see the future. However, that didn't work for Mikhazen, who overthrew Panian and became the Emperor, and thus the garden was increasingly being pushed into a corner. The 'flower garden' makes an offer to Mikhazen as their last negotiation.

"On the day of embracing the returning light, His Majesty's destined person falls from the sky."

It was an unspoken threat to make the fallen person the Empress and to quietly acknowledge the authority of the garden. Of course, Mikhazen refused. He laughed at them and mocked them. However, on the day the light really returns, Edel falls from the sky. In front of the Emperor...

That's how this novel started.

"Arietta?"

She stared at the Emperor, who called her, without a word and with a quiet gaze.

Arietta hated Edel, but the Emperor loved him. When the gardener made a plan to kill the Emperor, it was all Arietta's fault that they ripped it apart and persuaded it to turn the target to Edel instead. However, Edel did not die, and in the end, he was captured by the Imperial Army and stood before the Emperor. And the angry Emperor struck Arietta on the head.

For a moment, she felt disgusted.

Recognizing that, she raised her hand and covered her mouth. Tears were no longer shed. All that remained was hatred and compassion. The poor Arietta loved the Emperor even until that moment.

She died at the hands of the Emperor like a flower that he would never look back on. She loved and cared for him so much, and calmly accepted everything until the end.

Rather, she comforted herself that she was glad to die at the hands of a loved one.

......

...So Edel resented the Emperor. Because he can read people's minds and can see the future and the past, Edel knew everything about Arietta. Edel mourned her death and could not accept the love of Mikhazen, who killed Arietta. So, he rejected Mikhazen, who barely realized that he loved Edel, and Yuan cleverly dug into the gap.