Ah. Again, she realized how cruel she had been. Even though it was just a novel, no, it IS a novel, she killed a beautiful girl so casually with her own hands. In just a few lines.

"Yes."

After some time, she answered. Mikhazen looked down at her arrogantly, who kept silent as if it was just interesting.

"You are talking as if you are not Arietta now."

She agreed. Yes, she's not Arietta. Standing on Arieta's feet, breathing through Arietta's lungs, looking at him with Arietta's eyes, but she is not Arietta. She can never imitate that noble child.

"The Arietta you knew doesn't exist anymore."

The Emperor frowned, trying to understand what she meant. He's probably thinking that this is some kind of symbolic word. But it was the truth.

Arietta is no longer there. She doesn't know if she was absorbed by her, or that she went to another body, but she only knew one thing.

Arietta was no longer in this body.

"She's dead."

"......"

"Inside me."

And yet she loved the Emperor. And yet she forgave the Emperor.

She wanted her to be happy.

Poor child, the Emperor you loved is no longer in this world.

Ari, who lost her mother, first met Mikhazen at the age of six. A young lady mourned for her mother's death by holding her breath in the corner of a fancy party. It was Mikhazen who comforted her.

At that time, Mikhazen was a young boy at the age of thirteen. He was simply the sixth prince of the Emperor. He was a prince that is not very noticeable. Half a year later, he was deposed at the hands of the hateful Emperor.

After that day, the kind boy that Arietta knew died. All that is left of him is a man full of hatred for his father, full of madness.

"Even when Your Majesty hated the imperial blood that flows through Arietta's, Arietta loved even your madness."

Because of one small hand that comforted her, she swallowed back her words and shut up. It's sad right now, but when she wakes up, she'll completely forget it. Because she's that kind of person. But as a last courtesy to the girl she loved, she wanted to tell this story even if her throat was strangled.

The words in her heart, which Arietta never conveyed until her last moment.

"That's..."

After a while, Mikhazen opened his mouth. He had a pretty serious face. Those red eyes were too dark.

"Do you mean you hate me now?"

Does she hate Mikhazen? No, she didn't mean it that way. She understands all Arietta's feelings from Arietta's point of view, but at the same time, from Mikhazen's point of view, she also understands all of Mikhazen's feelings.

That's the dilemma that arises because she's not from this world. It was a dilemma because she made both him and Arietta. What a sad dilemma.

A faithful understanding of everyone who can't stand on the side of anyone. She was a writer. A being who created all these situations by moving only the pieces on the chess board.

But out of that position, she realized how cold she had been.

Tragedy happened only because of the divergence.