Ch 12: End of Trigon

Začít od začátku

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm due any day now and you want me to go across the country to see him?" I asked.

"I just think it'll be good for you" he said.

I turned my head kissing the top of his head.

"If you insist" I said. "You sure you can handle John alone?"

"We both know he's a mama's boy but I can handle him" he smiled.

I turned around wrapping my arms around his neck. I placed my lips softly on his as he put his hands on my stomach.

"Soon we'll have a baby girl" he said.

"Or boy" I smiled.

"Or girl" he said putting his forehead to mine.

"I should probably get going then" I said. "The sooner I leave, the sooner I get back."

I walked to our room quickly packing a bag. Dick walked into the room minutes later kissing my cheek.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too" he said.

I grabbed my keys from the bowl near the front door. I walked to the garage door unlocking my car. I set the bag on the passenger seat before starting the car. I sat with my hands on the wheels for a moment until I opened the garage. I drove to the airport in near silence with the radio barely in the background.

As I pulled into the airport parking ramp, I grabbed my bag and walked inside. I stopped at one of the desks smiling at the woman behind it.

"May I help you?" She asked.

"I need a ticket to Metropolis" I said.

"One way or round trip?" She asked typing onto the computer.

"Um one way" I said.

She handed me the ticket before directing me to the correct gate. I walked towards the gate sitting down waiting to board. Minutes later the plane was ready for boarding.

The flight felt an eternity as the plane landed. I walked outside the airport calling a taxi. I gave the address to the driver as he hummed to the radio. I looked out the window as we approached the relatively large house. I thanked the driver before walking towards the house. I opened the door to complete and utter silence. There was no sign anybody had been there. I looked in the fridge to see everything expired. I walked around more sliding my finger along the stairs railing. I wiped my dust covered finger along my pants. I grabbed my head seeing a vision of my father hurt with blood coming out of his suit.

I grabbed my chest before closing my eyes. I opened them back up to an island I had never been. I walked and walked until I seen two people in the distance. My walking sped up once I realized it was my father.

"Dad" I said.

"Stay back, Olivia!" He yelled.

I turned to the man who had a large smile.

"You can't save any of them" he said.

He had Kryptonite in his hand.

"No" I said.

He stuck the Kryptonite into his heart as my father fell to the ground. I ran towards him holding his head in my lap.

"Don't leave me" I whispered.