Chapter 11-Sunday March 8 2015-Race Day-Las Vegas

---7:45AM---

It was a bright sunny day. I got out of bed and got dressed right away, for once. I tried to go into the bathroom but it was locked so I waited out in the front on the couch. I heard the toilet flush so I got up and waited by the door again. Dale came out and looked at me like I was crazy for being up this early, but he just went back to his bed without saying a word. I walked into the bathroom and curled the ends of my hair. I put on my jewelry and Fitbit. I walked out to the front and filled my water bottle. I got a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table with music form my phone playing softly. I finished eating and put my bowl in the sink and sat down on the couch. I checked my phone and there was a text from Chase.

Chase😘: good morning beautiful. I hope you slept well. I will be over once you text me back... I love you. I sent this at 10:50PM ~Chase

Kaylee: hey u up sleepy head?? Love you too. And thanks for the text

Chase😘: I am now. And ur welcome. I'm gonna go get ready and be there in like 30 minutes....

Kaylee: ok... See you then! 😘

Chase😘: yepppppp 😘😘😘😘😘😘

I put my phone down and wrote a note for Dale and Amy. I'm hanging out with Chase for awhile today meet up with you guys before the driver intros and pre-race stuff. I didn't walk the dogs, so have fun!

Love, K.

I set the note by the coffee pot and walked back to my bunk and grabbed my purse, shoes and keys. I grabbed my phone from the counter and went outside and waited for Chase.

"Hey beautiful," Chase said as he walked up to me.

"Hey. So what are we doing for a little while, since I gotta be back before driver intros?" I asked.

"Umm, maybe go play some NASCAR '14."

"That works."

"Let's go then."

"Ok."

We walked back to Chase's motorhome and played some NASCAR '14.

---9:00AM---

"Ok I need to find Dale and Amy by 11:30, so do you wanna go walk around?"

"Sure," Chase said as he set his controller down.

We walked out of his motorhome and headed for the garage area. We got walking around and talked with some of the drivers.

"Hey Jeff," I said as I gave Jeff a hug.

"Hey kiddo, what are you guys up to?" Jeff asked.

"Just walking around talking with drivers."

Ow, my ankle just popped and it wasn't a normal pop.

"Well, we should get going. Good luck today!" I said before turning and walking, well limping back to the motor homes.

"Kaylee?" Chase asked.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Why are you limping?"

"Because when we were standing my Jeff my ankle popped weirdly and now it hurts."

"Do you want a piggy back right back to Dale's motor home?"

"Yes please."

Chase helped me onto his back and took me to Dale's motor home.

"Amy?" I said.

"What do you need Kaylee?"

"Do you have an ankle brace? I could use."

"Let me look quick. Why? What did you do?"

"I was standing by Jeff then out of no where my ankle popped but it didn't feel right and now I can barely walk on it."

"Ok, and here."

"Thank you," I said as I put the brace on.

"I'll text Dale and see if he wants you to go the the care center."

"Okay."

"He's on his way, with a golf cart so he can take you."

"Oh, god. He's probably gonna drive it really fast at some point and almost wreck."

"Probably. Do you want Chase and I to come too?"

"Might as well."

Dale and Chase got me out to the golf cart and we drove to the infield care center. Once we got there Dale helped me in and the doctor looked at my ankle.

"Well, it looks like you severely dislocated your ankle. You will need to wear a brace for awhile, and will need to get it checked the Wednesday before Martinsville. You also will need to stay off of it as much as possible, so that means staying at home for the next 2-3 weeks. Also keep it it elevated, and take the brace off for 10 minutes a day, but don't walk on it without the brace," the doctor said.

"So I should stay in the motor home today?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Well do you have crutches I could use?"

"Yes. What is your height?"

"5 feet 9 inches."

"Ok. Here."

"Thank you."

We left and went back to the motor home. I got inside and sat down on the couch.

"So who is staying and taking care of me?"

"I will," Chase said.

"Ok. We will see you guys after the race," Dale said.

"Ok. Good Luck!" I said as they closed the door. "This is gonna suck so much."

"Yeah. So who are you gonna stay with?" Chase asked.

"I ain't staying with anyone, I'm still coming to the track every weekend. I ain't gonna stay away from the track, this is my home away from home. I can't stay away from the track."

"Please listen to the doctor and stay home."

"No."

"Please for me."

"Noooo. I'm not staying home. I'm coming to the track and there is no stopping me."

"Fine."

"Ya know the thing that is gonna suck is that my 18th birthday is the day before the appointment."

"Yeah that is gonna suck."

"Mhm. Can you go grab me one of my cherry Pepsi's out of the fridge for me?"

"Yeah," Chase said as he got up and walked over to the fridge.

"Thank you," I said as he handed me my soda.

"Yep."

"Yay the race is starting!"

------SKIP RACE CAUSE I'M BEING LAZY------

Whelp, Kevin Harvick won.

"Hey Chase," I said.

"Hey What?" Chase answered.

"Could you run down to VL and tell Kevin congrats for me. And if he asks where I am, tell him I dislocated my ankle."

"Ok, I will be right back."

Chase left and I was stuck on the couch.

------CHASE'S POV------

"Hey Kevin," I yelled.

"Yeah," Kevin answered.

"Kaylee says congrats."

"Why didn't she come down here?"

"Stuck in the motor home with a dislocated ankle."

"Oh. That's gotta suck. So is she gonna stay in North Carolina or no?"

"Nope. She argued with me about coming to the track, I wanted her to stay at home cause that's what the doctor wanted, but she was determined to come to the track."

"That seems like her. Well I got to go, talk to you later. Tell her thanks and get well soon."

"Yep," I said as I headed back to the motor home.

I got back to the motor home and went inside.

"Kevin says thanks and get well soon," I said.

------KAYLEE'S POV------

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"Hey," Amy said as she walked in.

"Hey."

"So who are you gonna stay with?"

"I am not staying in North Carolina during the weekends, I'm still coming to the track and Chase argued about this with me and I won so, I wouldn't even try to change my mind," I said as Dale walked in.

"Okay then," Amy said as she went back to her bedroom.

"I'm not even gonna argue with you, just go get packed," Dale said as he went and packed his stuff.

"Chase, could you help me?"

"Yeah," Chase said.

Chase and I packed my stuff and he took it out to the rental. Dale and Amy got their stuff out to the rental too.

"See ya later cowboy," I laughed as I hugged Chase.

"See ya sweetheart,"Chase said as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you too," Chase said as I got into the rental.

Dale drove towards the airport and we got onto the plane. We flew back to Mooresville.

------SKIP PLANE RIDE------

"Kaylee wake up," Dale said lightly shaking me.

"Whyyyyy," I complained as I rolled over.

"Cause we are in Dawsonville."

"Why are we in Dawsonville?"

"Cause you are gonna stay with Chase this week."

"Is he here? Cause if he is have him carry me cause I'm to lazy and tired to walk right now."

"He is waiting in the truck. I will carry you."

"Okayy. Oh and I have a package coming. I order some clothes and shoes, and Amy helped me pick them and order, so she gave me permission," I said as Dale picked me up.

"You want us to just set it in your room or wash it right away?"

"Well the black and white polka bot dress needs to be washed right away cause I'm wearing that this weekend. But everything else can just go in my room," I said as Chase opened the truck door and Dale set me in the truck and Amy put my crutches and bags in too.

"Okay. We will see you later. Love you."

"Bye. Love you too," I said as they went back to the plane.

"Hey sweetheart," Chase said

"Hi cowboy."

"Lets go you look really tired."

"I am really tired. I tried sleeping on the plane but it didn't quite work cause I was next to Kasey and he was blasting his music into his headphones and I could hear it, but he let me attempt to sleep in his shoulder."

"He's a good guy though."

"Yeah. He has a very interesting taste in music too, but there was some Nickleback in there so I was good."

"You like Nickleback?"

"Yeah along with country and classic rock."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well we are at my house."

"Can you get my crutches for me?"

"Yeah," Chase said as he got out of the truck and walked to my side.

Chase grabbed my crutches and helped me out. He grabbed my bag and we went inside.

"We're back," Chase said.

"Hi Kaylee," Cindy said. "What did you do?"

"Some how dislocated my ankle," I said.

"Ouch. We have a spare room on this floor if you don't want to do the stairs."

"It's fine. Gotta get around things big or small."

"Well ya, but are you sure?"

"I really don't feel like doing stairs right now so I guess I can stay in the room on this floor. Could Chase stay down here with me though."

"Sure."

"Okay."

"Chase you go change and I will take Kaylee to the room," Bill said.

Chase gave my bag to Bill and we walked to the room. He set my bag down on the bed and I sat down.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," Bill said as Chase came in. "Now no funny business."

"Okay," Chase and I said. "Night."

"Night guys."

Bill left and closed the door.

"So is this what you normally wear to bed?" I laughed.

"Maybe, maybe not," Chase smirked.

"Wow."

"What?"

"You."

"You know you love me."

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Hey that's my line."

"Not anymore, country boy."

"I thought I was a cowboy."

"You still are."

"But then why did you call me a country boy?"

"Cause I did."

"I'm so glad you are my dork."

"And your my weirdo."

"You need to get ready for bed."

"Don't remind me."

"Why?"

"Cause I forgot pajamas so all I have is spandex and under shirts."

"That's ok. I could give you one of my shirts."

"Please."

"What one?"

"A championship one."

"Be right back."

"K."

Chase went and got the shirt. He came back and gave it to me and I got ready for bed. I crawled into bed and fell asleep.

------

Hey guys, I'm back! I haven't been writing in here, since I didn't have the app, but now that I have it again I can write more. I will be putting up some more chapters in all my books here in the next few weeks when I'm not working. I will be adding 2 more books on here also. Within the next three days I should get about 1-3 more chapters in this book up, 1 for sure.

~kaylee