Chapter 10-Sunday, March 1, 2015-Race Day-Atlanta

------9:00AM------

"So today is gonna be some what cold," Amy told me as I sat down with my breakfast.

"Yeah, that's what's gonna suck, then they're saying that there might be some rain that's gonna put us on at least an hour delay," I said

"Great."

"Yeah. Not looking forward to that. I hated rain delays just watching the race on tv, but it's even worse when you're there."

"Mhm."

"Defiantly a coffee or hot chocolate day."

"Yeah."

"Morning girls," Dale said as he came out of his room.

"Morning," Amy and I said as I stood up and got Dale's coffee ready.

"Here," I said as I handed him his coffee.

"Thanks."

I grabbed my bowl and put it in the sink. I walked to my bunk and grabbed my clothes and headed into the bathroom and got ready. Once I finished getting ready I walked back out to the front and turned on tv.

"We are heading out to the garages so might as well turn the tv back off," Dale said as he popped his head out from the back.

"Just checking the weather, then I will," I said.

The weather came on and showed the radar and of course there was rain close to the track and it didn't look like it was stoping anytime soon. I turned the tv off and waited for Dale and Amy. They came out front and Dale and I went and walked around the garages.

"Hey guys," Chase said as he came running up to us.

"Hey," I said as Chase planted a quick kiss on my cheek.

"You guys just walking around?"

"Yeah. But there's rain coming, so possible rain delay, which is gonna suck."

"Yeah that will."

This girl waved at Chase and was trying to act all cute but he just ignored her, so he must have not known her, so we kept walking.

"Did you know her?" I asked Chase.

"Yeah. She is an ex, she knows that I'm not happy with her, but we have become friends, but nothing more than that, only because it took like 2 years to become friends after we broke up," Chase said.

"Oh. Why are you not happy with her?"

"Yeah. After we broke up she went with a closer friend, which I no longer talk to, so yeah."

"Nice. Is it raining?"

"Yeah it is," Dale said, "this sucks."

"Yes this does," Chase and I said in unison.

We kept walking and a few time ran into Dale's hauler or his garage stall when the rain poured.

------12:00PM------

We did all of the pre-race stuff, and then it decided to keep raining on us, so the green flag was postponed till 1:16.
-----1:00PM------

"Well it's time to go racing," Amy said.

"Finally," Dale, Chase, and I said in unison.

Dale got in his car and Chase, Amy, and I went on top of the pit box and got our head sets on. I grabbed my sweatshirt and hat out of my backpack and put them on. I grabbed my phone and took some photos and the Hendrick cars and posted them onto Twitter. Then I took a selfie with Chase and put that on my Snapchat story. The race was about to get going and I had a feeling that it was gonna be quite eventful.