Chapter 9-Sunday, Febuary 22, 2015-Race Day-Daytona 500

------9:00AM------

"Ugh, why do the crews have to be running the cars already?!?!" I said to Amy as I sat down at the table.

"Tune ups," Dale said as he came out from his room, "and making sure the engine sound right."

"Oh. I guess I never noticed it before now."

"Ya, considering it sound like about half the field has their cars running, normally its just like two or three at a time."

"Ya. Sooo, I'm gonna go finish getting ready."

"Ok," Amy said as I walked to my bunk to grab my stuff then into the bathroom.

I got dressed in a blue Dale Jr. t-shirt and jeans and put a longer sleeve shirt in my bag. -So the past few weeks have been very interesting, only because I finally got to start to experience track life, which I adjusted to quickly, I've got to see how Daytona works inside and out, and by how it works I mean like how the people who work there have to get everything ready and keep everything in stock, and Dale and Amy even had me go around and help stock the bathrooms and then go and help the crews and try to meet everyone that I will be seeing almost every weekend from here on out.- I put in my "don't blink" earrings and my double heart 88 necklace and my Pandora bracelet that is completely Dale Jr. I took my hair out of the braid that I had it in last night, and I put my socks on and then my Dale Earnhardt Sr./Jr. shoes and I grabbed my Fit bit from off the counter and put that on my other wrist and walked back out by Dale and Amy, and grabbed my water bottle and filled it then I went back to my bunk and grabbed my Chase Elliott number 9 NAPA hat, that I stole from Chase when he was doing one of his interviews, and I grabbed my phone and sun glasses. I walked back out to the front of the motor home and grabbed one of my energy bars and sat down at the table.

"You look nice," Amy said once I sat down.

"Thanks. So Chase is taking me out for brunch, I don't know where, but he should be here between 10:30 and 11," I said.

"Ok. So you liking your Junior items we got you?"

"YAS!"

"Ok. Calm down."

"Sorry," I said and then there was a knock on the door.

"I shall get it," Dale said. "Hey Chase, come on in."

"Hey Dale," Chase said

"Hi Chase," Amy said.

"Hi Amy."

"Hey Mr. DNF On The First Race Of The Season," I said.

"Hey Miss Dale Earnhardt Junior Is My Dad. You ready to go?"

"Ya just give me a min," I said standing up and running to my bunk. I grabbed my Chase Elliott die-cast that I made look like his car from after the race yesterday, and I ran back up front. "I bought the die-cast right before the race yesterday and I did this to replicate what your car looked liked after you finished the race," I said handing the die-cast to Chase.

"Wow, way to bring me down. But that's cool how you did that to even look like that tape is on it and all crinkled up in the right spots."

"Ya I know I have skills in crafting. But lets go I'm getting hungry."

"Fine."

"I'll ketch up with you guys before the race. Love you. Bye," I said to Dale and Amy before walking out the door of the motor home. "So Chase where are we going?"

"Well it only takes one of the golf carts so not very far but you will see."

"You know I hate suspense so you better tell me before I..." I stuttered