Chapter 8-Saturday, Feburay 14, 2015-Race Day-Sprint Unlimited

------9:30AM------

"So what is the times for the practices and Unlimited race today?" I asked.

"10:30 a.m-12:25 p.m. for morning practice, 1:30-3:25 p.m. for afternoon practice, and 8:15 p.m. for the Sprint Unlimited," Dale said (all of these where in eastern time).

"Ok. So I'm gonna go get ready," I said as I walked back to my bunk.

I put on a purple t-shirt, with black leggings, pink Nike shoes, and my teal/mint green north face. I grabbed my American flag back pack, and put my wallet and phone in. I walked out to the kitchen and filled my water bottle and waited for Dale to get ready so we could go and walk around, before practice. Dale came out in his fire suit and Amy was still sleeping so I wrote her a note saying that Dale and I are out walking around and text us if she needed anything. So with that Dale and I started off towards the garage area.

"Kaylee, I would like you to meet my crew chief Greg Ives," Dale said.

"Hi Greg, I'm Kaylee," I said.

"Hi Kaylee. So how do you know Junior?" Greg asked.

"Well, he kinda adopted me."

"Oh. I'm just gonna guess and say that your birth parents didn't take good care of you."

"Ya. I only met Junior because he would come up to my home town and we would hang out, and I would tell him all of my problems with my parents, and then I could tell he was planning on something, then one night we went to Subway and he told me that he was gonna adopt me right as I took a bite so I almost choked but I was just fine with him adopting me cause I knew he could provide a better future for me."

"Wow, ok."

"Well I wanna show Kaylee more of Daytona, so I will be back right before practice," Dale said.

"Ok," Greg said and then we where off.

Dale and I walked down to the other Hendrick drivers stalls and we said hi and then we kept walking.

"So what do you think of this being Gordon's last full season?" Dale asked.

"I don't real like it because I grew up being his fan and I still am but now I like all of the Hendrick drivers, but for the longest time I only liked Gordon."

"Ya, he's an awesome team mate."

"Ya, I would have loved to race him in Sprint Cup. That was my dream growing up."

"Hey I got to get going to practice. If you can stay out of the way you should be able to be in the garage, since you need to learn that environment for when you start racing."

"Ya I know, and I should be able to stay out of the way but I also know a lot of tools so if they need a certain one I can get it for them."

"I think they would like that. And you can sit on one of the stacks of extra tires."

"Ok," I said sitting down on the tires.

Dale got into the car and backed out then he went and ran some laps but I wasn't counting how many and I wasn't really paying much attention but when he pulled back in the crew was making adjustment and I just watched them then Dale was back out. He ran quiet a few laps, before he said the car was where he wanted it.

------7:45PM------

So it was time for driver intros and I went with Dale for them, then I stood by Dale and Amy for the pre-race stuff, then Amy and I went and sat on Dale's pit box.

~Skip race because I'm being lazy~

Dale finished 9th, so in the top ten. We walked back to the motor home and watched Herbie: Fully Loaded.

------11:30PM------

"I love that movie. I'm getting tired so I'm gonna go to bed," I said as I stood up and walked back to my bunk.

I got ready for bed and then I texted Chase.

Kaylee: hey Chase. Did you watch the Unlimited?

Chase😚❤️: yeah I did... Dale did good, top ten.

Kaylee: yeah. Did I wake you up?

Chase😚❤️: kinda.

Kaylee: what do you mean kinda?

Chase😚❤️: I was almost asleep till you texted me, but I'm glad that you where the one to wake me up and not Ryan bubba or Dylan.

Kaylee: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe

Chase😚❤️: I love you baby girl, but I need to get to sleep.

Kaylee: I love you too babe, and I guess I will let you sleep. Good night Chase.

Chase😚❤️: thank you. Good night Kaylee.

That made smile right there. I walked back out to the front and told Dale and Amy night then I crawled into bed and fell asleep.

------

Hey guys! So two chapters in two days!! That is amazing for me since I didn't get to work on this chapter at all yesterday... Before I published this chapter I had 731 views, 41 votes, and 35 comments. Thanks guys. So I'm gonna start to put a question at the end of my a/n. Sorry for the shortness the chapters should be getting some what longer...

What has been your favorite Chase and Kaylee moment so far?

~kaylee0324homerding
👌✌️🏁👌✌️🏁👌✌️🏁👌✌️🏁