The 4th Era

E4 0

The Era ended, with the Death of the last Septim, Martin Septim, and the destruction of the Amulet of Kings. The oblivion crisis had ended, the portals destroyed. All that was left, from cities in ruin, to towns and monasteries, were to be rebuilt. 

The Leadership of the Empire was put in hands of the Elder Council of the Empire, with High Chancellor Ocato taking emergency powers, until the next heir to the empire is found.

In its weakened state, many of the provinces of the Empire begin to plan their own independence from the Third Empire. The Argonians of Black Marsh, are first to claim independence, due to their relatively strong position, compared to the empire's, after the Oblivion Crisis. This Marks the beginning of the "Shattering".

The Summerset Isle are renamed to Alinor, with the destruction of the Crystal tower, a new movement, of those of the High Elves who wish to "Reclaim the destiny of the Aldmer". This movement was known as the Thalmor. 

E4 2

Vivec dies, and Baar Dau, also known as the Ministry of Truth, the floating asteroid over Vivec City, slowly begins to fall, but is halted once more, by the power of the Ingenium, relying on the sacafices of souls. After roughly 6 months, of operation, the machine was damaged, and Baar Dau, crashed to Vivec city, destroying it, and causing the Eruption of Red Mountain.

This marks the Beginning of the Red Year. Much of Vvardenfell was covered in a thick ash. Much of Northern Morrowind was left uninhabitable. This caused a mass Migration of Dark elves from Morrowind, to the regions of Skyrim and Cyrodiil. 

The Argonians of Black Marsh, seeing the weakness of the Dark Elves, launch an invasion into southern Morrowind. Due to the diminishing population, increase of refugees, and decreasing health of the people, the invasions left many of the Great Houses of Morrowind, including House Telvanni and Dres suffering heavily from the Argonian invasion. The invasion was ended by year's end by House Redoran's forces.

E4 4

High King Vulster of Skyrim, seeing the rising Refugee Crisis that continued from Morrowind, gives control of Solstheim to Morrowind. 

The Great Collapse of Winterhold occurs, believed to be caused by subsequent eruptions of Red Mountain. The College of Winterhold is mostly unharmed, however leads to the destruction of the City of WInterhold, causing several buildings to collapse into the Sea of Ghosts.

The "Many Emperors War" occurred. The discovery of several minor noble houses that were connected. The various houses, learning of their lineage, attempted to make claim to the throne of the Empire. Several months of combat between imperial army units would occur, in an attempt to take control of the Empire.

The Blades, also known as the Emperor's body guards, remain impartial, as they swore to protect the Emperor, and with the several houses claiming to be the Emperor, they were uncertain of who to follow themselves. The historians of the Blades worked to find their own answer.

E4 7

The Many Emperor's war end, with the Blades supporting the Mede dynasty. Emperor Titas Mede I is made the Emperor of the Empire. This ends the Instability of the Empire. 

The Summerset Isles becomes under the control of the Thalmor, and renounce all ties to the Empire. 

The Provence of Valenwood begin to strengthen ties with the the Summerset Isles. 

The Void Nights begin, marked by the disappearances of the twin moons. The Khajiit of Elsweyr are thrown into chaos as those born during this time end up as stillborn, with mixed features. 

E4 17

The Reconstruction of Cyrodiil from the Oblivion Crisis is finally completed. 

Emperor Titas Mede I passes away, with his son, Titas Mede II ascends to the throne.

Valenwood goes through a Civil War, the new Government claims an allegiance to the Third Aldmeri Dominion, joining the Summerset Isles in a new alliance. 

The Void Nights end, with the return of the twin moons. The Thalmor claim to be the cause of the return of the moons, leading to Elsweyr joining the Aldmeri Dominion. 

This marks the Beginning of the Hidden War. This is seen with members of the Blades, still in the regions of the Aldmeri Dominion, begin to report back to the order in Cyrodiil. Meanwhile, spies of the Thalmor, are sending intelligence reports to the Aldmeri Dominion. This is also marked by several assassinations of notable figures, including 1 member of the Elder Council, 4 Imperial Army Generals, 3 Thalmor High commanders, and 15 nobles of Imperial and Thalmor standing.

Hammerfell enters a minor internal conflict between two factions, being the Crowns and Forebearers. The Crowns, being those who followed the old ways of Yakuda, including gods and traditions, fought the Forebearers, who combined the Tamerielan and Yakuda traditions. 

E4 20

The Thalmor enter the Imperial city with a wagon train. They offer a term of agreement, stating having the Empire Recognize all states of the Mer folk to be independent of the Empire. The disbanding of the Organization of the Blades. It also demanded that the southern coast of Hammerfell. They would also demand that tribute be paid for the destruction that was not fixed by the Oblivion crisis be given. The last and final demand was the harshest, the banning of the worship of Talos. 

Titas Mede II refused, and the wagon train emptied, showing the heads of the blade agents that were in the lands, along with the broken swords that were prized weapons of the order

Titas Mede II called for the Legions, as War broke out. However, this left the region, known as the Reach, in Skyrim weak, and the Reachmen, those of Breton and Nord mixed blood, took over City of Markarth. 

This is where our story begins, in a time of war. The Psijic order would attempt to bring balance, by using magic. One of their order, began a spell, one that would reach across the boundary of Aetherius, to bring order. In a way he did, but not in any way that was originally planned.