Chapter 13- 12 A.M.

—————

He was sent off with a paper bag of cold chocolate chip cookies at the totally reasonable time of 12 A.M.

Todoroki didn't mean to be so menacing in his tone or choice of words, but regardless, he was, and after suffocating in the stares of Iida's parents, decided to embrace and be even more of a brat.

He ate a ton of the cookies, and packed up any remaining cookies after everyone had their fill. Which was three cookies. He ate six of the dozen, while the rest of the family ate three. His stomach was probably going to kill him, but he didn't care.

He kept the dinner conversation going on forever. He could see how Iida's parents grew exhausted at the constant random questions spewing out of Todoroki's mouth, but Iida was engaged, so they kept going at it.

Then, after nagging at Iida to break his nightly routine and stay up late for around forty-five minutes, he spent the rest of the time rambling about the cold soba in the U.A. student's room, and that vegetables never tasted so good before.

He left after Iida started to nod off. The poor teen could barely say a goodbye when Sho stood up, and instead it came out more like "gnddigh".

Iida looked so peaceful sleeping. Sho made sure to turn off the lights as he left the room, not before taking another glance at the blue-haired teen. He shut the door quietly, turned around, and almost had a heart attack. He was face-to-face with Iida's mom, who loomed over him like a shadow.

It wasn't a very pleasant sight. "Mrs. Iida," Todoroki coughed out awkwardly, "I was just going to leave."

"That's right you are," she said, crossing her arms. "I let you into this house, offer you dinner, offer you dessert, all while knowing you're suspicious, and this is what you do? Talk me and husband's ears off and make my son stay up until midnight?"

"...Yes," Todoroki said dumbly. "To be fair, you didn't kick me out."

"Because I knew Tenya was excited to have you," she said, pushing a strand of messy black hair behind her ear. "and that you wouldn't do anything risky. You're in a house of heroes here."

"Uh huh," Todoroki hummed. "Are you suspicious of every friend Iida has?"

"Only the ones that happen to appear out of nowhere."

Todoroki clicked his tongue, staring into the woman's eyes. "That's unfortunate for me." He pushed past her. "Thank you for having me over. I'll be going now."

Surprisingly enough, she didn't follow him. She stayed in front of Iida's room, like a guard, while Sho left.

He reached the front door. He didn't feel the woman's gaze on him anymore, but it didn't make him feel any less uneasy. Iida's parents were suspicious of him. Okay, that was reasonable. Making friends with someone living in a shady area with no information was perilous.

But then again, it's not like she knew what Todoroki's living conditions were, right? So she could just be overly-paranoid. He did appear out of nowhere.

Maybe it was a mistake going over to Iida's place. Risking to blow his entire cover next to a hero family wasn't the smartest, especially with how cautious Iida's parents were.

But... Todoroki liked being with Iida. He liked helping the student through his struggles and staying out late eating snacks and quarreling over being healthy or not. He's never really done that before, not with someone his own age. 

Before, he was just intrigued by Iida's statement of right and wrong. Now, he just liked the idea of Iida himself.

...And he did claim a few hours ago he would be friends with Iida even if volcanoes were exploding and the Earth stopped spinning.