Chapter 7- Steel Blade

—————

He was there, just a little bit out of reach. He was so close, steel blade ready to strike and kill his target. This was an opportunity, and Iida saw it so clearly.

He ran. He ran fast and hard, eyes on the target and mind on his brother. He needed to do this for his brother, and this was the chance. He could do this. There may never be another time like this. He needed to focus.

Iida aimed straight for the villain duo, engines running high. He caught their attention almost immediately as far as he could tell, and the sidekick, 'Frost Burn' from the public, shot his arm out instantly. 

Ice sped rapidly across the ground towards Iida much faster than he anticipated, and he quickly jumped, leaping over all three people. But a bit of ice caught on his foot anyways, and he crashed on the ground, rolling over. His helmet was knocked from his head.

He groaned, muscles aching from the metal suit, but he got up anyways, fire raging in his eyes.

He didn't notice how Frost Burn tensed.

"A kid in a costume," Stain spoke, lowering Native. His blade glistened in the moonlight. "Someone like you shouldn't be here. Leave, now."

"A scarf as red as blood, armed to the teeth with blades, partnered with someone who has sharp cold ice and raging fire," Iida analyzed through grit teeth. "You two must be Stain and Frost Burn, am I correct? I've been pursuing you two for a while, but I didn't expect us to meet so soon. I am-"

"You," Stain flashed the tip of his sword at the hero student. Iida flinched, cold sweat dripping down his neck. "are out for revenge, aren't you? If you continue this, your age might not be enough to save you."

Rage started burning harder inside Iida. "To save me?" he spat. "So you don't even consider me a threat?!"

Frost Burn took a step back.

"Listen up, you criminals," Iida continued. "I am the younger brother of the hero you attacked! My brother, the hero among heroes! So I've come here to stop you in his stead. So remember this name, for I'm Ingenium, the hero who's going to take you down!"

"Is that so?" Stain said, gripping the handle of his sword tightly. "Prepare to see the end of your hero career then."

"Ingenium." Frost Burn mumbled, stance lowering.

Iida breathed in for a second, just before the battle started. His posture held still in the heavy pressure of the alleyway. Then he lowered his leg, getting into a better position.

These villains were the reason why his brother was in the hospital, crippled. These villains were the reason why a member of his family name was hurt. They're the reason why the name 'Ingenium' had to be passed onto him too quickly for him to process.

It was their fault.

It was them who never let his brother continue his family legacy.

Iida roared, engines flaring to life as he charged straight towards duo, the entire world fading as he focused on his opponents. Stain did the same, and the two's eyes were locked in.

And right before they collided, Iida swung his leg for a kick, but Stain jumped. Then, suddenly, a big wall of orange and yellow flames rushed towards the hero student.

Iida was filled with panic immediately. He leaped right, boots scraping against the concrete, and crying out when the flames grazed him. A sharp pain in his right arm came next, only to realize a knife had cut into him as it had flown straight past him.

He winced as he turned around, arm bleeding. A foot suddenly slammed him into the wall, the metal of his costume digging into his chest. Iida's head started pounding, the pain overwhelming him.