Special Grom Night

WOO! Back for another chapter! I can finally destress myself now, so I'll be able to post more frequently! Also this chapter I'd the longest I've ever written so far- r.i.p. my thumbs. ;-;

ALSO, there is a scene in here that I reccomend listening to the song above with cause it makes it more spicy~
I'll put some sort of marker there for yall to let ya know when, so don't worry about having to guess lol.

Anyways, hope yall enjoy!
____________________________________
Luz's Pov:

It was early morning and I was happily making breakfast before school. I was always a morning person, though back on earth I never was because I never really looked forward to the day. But here? I enjoyed every second of it, especially with my friends and odd little family. Sure, I missed my mom, but I could always visit her whenever I wanted to. Life on the Boiling Isles was much better in my opinion.

As I hummed along to a tune in my head, making eggs and waffles for the morning, I heard little pitter patter of feet and turned to see King walk in and climb up on his seat. It was amusing watching him struggle to get up things still, with his little gremlin 'weh's' of his. I had to stifle a giggle as he greeted me with his big eager eyes and smacked his front paws on the table. "Breakfast!!"

"Hehe, comin right up, ya cutie pie~" I hummed, then handed him a plate of my homemade waffles and eggs. He always enjoyed my cooking, especially when it comes to breakfast. That little gremlin could gobble down a whole horse if he wanted to, if he even knew what a horse was.

Eda came along downstairs soon enough, letting out a long yawn while walking to the fridge to get her morning apple blood. Sometimes I worry on how much she drinks of that stuff, could she even get alcohol poisoning from that? Since you know- it's like hard cider back home.

"Mornin, Kid. You're up early... too early for me to process things yet.." She grumbled, then sat at the table before her eyes lit up at the sight on her plate I made for her.

"It's always too early for you when you first wake up." I chuckled, then took off the apron after I was done cooking. She merely grunted in response while having a mouthful of her food, it was a funny sight really. I rolled my eyes and sat to eat as well. That's when King hopped off the table once he was done.

"Ahh, you always make the best breakfast, Luz. Now it is time to take back my thrown from those kids' grubby hands!" He declared before running out the kitchen door and headed to the playground.

"Be careful out there today!!" I yelled at him before he went to far. I heard Eda snort and looked back to her.

"Kid, you know he's always been reckless. Now then, we should get you to school before your late." She huffed as stood and bent back to pop her back, then grabbed her staff. I nodded and finished my plate before heading out with her and hopping on.

"Hoot hoot! Have a wonderful day at school, Luz!" I gave hooty a wave and a smile before we flew off. Hooty can be annoying and weird sometimes, yet he always seems to find a way back into our hearts. He's such a weird owl.

Once we got to school, I hopped off and thanked Eda for the ride, then headed inside the school building. However, I was pleasantly surprised by all the decorations that were put up inside on the walls. Golden streamers hung overhead with blue accent streamers, along with gold and blue balloons floating all around. What was this? It seemed like something that had happened before. It felt so familiar.

That was when it all hit me.

Grom.

A tradition of Hexside that chose one of its students to be Grom king or queen to slay the beast beneath the school. My mind flashed back to the first time I had heard about Grom, and that special night that me and Amity danced together to defeat the monster. So why was it still a thing if she and I had gotten rid of it for good?