Chapter 16

Ivypool dragged her feet into the barn-camp, the little scrap of a kit still hanging from her mouth. She gently set her down next to her brother.

Sunkit, a light tan she-cat with blue eyes, and Grasskit, a white and dark gray Tom with dark green eyes. The kits were only two moons old.

"What are we going to do?" Ivypool asked Harespring.

"I'll take them."
Dawnpelt walked over.

"I'm expecting kits." Dawnpelt revealed.

'So that's why Applefur was so persistent of Dawnpelt staying behind from the battle.'

"Thank you." Harespring said before leaving to go talk to Lionblaze.

"Come kits." Dawnpelt called.

"But- but where's Sedgewhisker?" Sunkit wined.

"She, um, she's not here right now." Dawnpelt tried soothing the kits, "How much do you know about StarClan?"

Ivypool followed Harespring away from the two confused kits.

"How many WindClan cats?" Lionblaze asked.

"Sunstrike, the kits, Heathertail, and I. Most of the WindClan escaped with the gang of ShadowClan cats that left. Some of us didn't trust them enough to leave." Harespring reported.

Jayfeather walked over to them. "I want to go to the Moonpool." He announced, "Now."

"What? Jayfeather! I know you didn't go to battle, but the rest of us need wounds treated and... and other things." Lionblaze protested.

"Without any herbs, it's pointless. I did the best I could for the ones who needed it the most."

"Well... Alright. Fine. But take Ivypool."

"Me?" Ivypool asked.

"Yes. Take care of my brother." Lionblaze called.

Jayfeather humphed, "Let's go."