we make eye contact and his jaw drops slightly, "hazel. wow."

"can you -" one last time i try to pull my dress up and groan in annoyance as harrison walks towards me chuckling.

"here." he pulls it up stepping away and looking at me with his caramel eyes.

maxi walks in leaning against the door frame, "aw hazel you look pretty."

i push a weak smile onto my face, "thanks."

how come i don't feel pretty then?

the two boys walk off to finish getting changed as i stare at myself in the mirror, gently brushing my hands through my brown hair.

i walk into the kitchen placing down my purse. i'm slightly looking forward to the party, i have no other choice really, i could either go or stay at home alone and probably regret it. plus, like harrison said, it'd be a nice way to get to know the lifeguards.

"you guys ready?"

"mhm." i nod, thinking of a question, "can i take my earphones?"

"yeah, of course." harrison smiles standing up from tying the laces of his shoes.

i sit in the back pulling on my seat belt just as we pull out of the carpark.

"where does jeff live?"

"about twenty minutes away. it's on the outer scurfs of bondi."

i nod my head and plug my earphones into my phone.

maxi rolls down the windows halfway through the journey as we pass valleys of grass. the music fills my ears as i hum along.

sometimes it feels like a movie. knowing, i haven't been here for long and that i still have so little knowledge of sydney made it even more exciting, i hadn't seen much of this hot, sunny country but one thing is for sure,

it's a beautiful place.

jacksons pov:

a car pulls up just as joel and i get out of mine. i smile when i hear maxi shout my name.

i turn around waving and walking towards him .

"you alright?" i ask leaning on the bonnet of his grey car.

"yeah great thanks mate, loving the shirt." maxi smirks, with a slight bit of sarcasm in his tone.

i stare down at my shirt which has palm trees and bright colours all over it.

i knew i'd be mocked by the boys for this.

hazel gets out from the back of the car wearing a slim  light pink dress with her brown hair tied up in dark brown bobble.

she smiles weakly at me pulling out her earphones and placing them in the car before shutting the door.

we walk into the house and i notice something about hazel, she's very quiet and... well maybe it's just me? but normally, lifeguards, well - when i joined and some of the other boys we weren't as quiet as she is.

it's probably just a personality trait.

we walk in and after about twenty minutes the house is pretty full with drinks flowing and loud music playing.

harries pov:

as i'm talking to mouse i notice hazel slips out the house. i excuse myself from the conversation with mouse and walk towards harrison.

"is hazel okay?"

"what? oh?" he looks around. "where is she?"

"she left the house?" i say raising an eye brow.

he shrugs, "i don't know she seemed pretty quiet."

i sigh shaking my head at him. she had stayed by harrison for a whole hour not moving anywhere without him.

she did seem quite lonely maybe she just needs some fresh air?

i stand by the door for a few minutes before i see jackson walk towards me. "hey mate, you alright?"

nodding my head with a smile i ask, "you?"

"all jazzed me."

i chuckle lightly looking down at the floor, some of the things that came out of jacksons mouth really did make me laugh.

"have you seen hazel by any chance?"

"i saw her slip outside. i was going to check on her but i don't know... i thought maybe she wanted some time alone?"

"very quiet young girl?" he says, either to me or to himself.

"mmm." i agree.

i decide to follow her, for whatever reason, i'm glad i did.