with that said, all the boys left to fight, leaving mark, chenle and donghyuck alone on the plateform up in the air.

"what do we do...?" donghyuck asked.

"we wait." chenle replied.

"but- "

donghyuck was cut by a loud roar, resonating in his ears.

they could hear the creatures getting up now, their cries, their growls.

they seemed to be a whole lot.

"stay up here, you two. i'll try to help them." chenle said quickly as he disappeared in the mist.

donghyuck stayed silent, his eyes staring in the void.

they couldn't see anything around them because of the thick mist that made everything that was not normal seem to be normal.

donghyuck felt sick, knowing that he was up there, doing nothing but waiting while all of his friends were risking their lives, fighting monsters and demi titans.

he felt completely useless.

all of this was because of him, and he wasn't doing anything to help.

"do you really hate me...?"

donghyuck turned around violently, his teary eyes meeting mark's sad ones.

"do you really think it is the moment to talk about that?" donghyuck asked, quite irritated.

"i... i just... it's hurting me..." mark lowered his head.

"well, endure it a little bit." donghyuck replied, leaning against the border.

mark's brows furrowed at donghyuck's statement.

something was wrong with him.

he was never violent like that usually.

and he seemed to have tears in his eyes.

"what is troubling you?" mark asked, placing one arm on each side of donghyuck, caging him between his veiny arms.

"everything is my fault..." donghyuck declared, still facing his back to mark. "i am the reason my friends are risking their lives at the moment."

"this is absolutely false, donghyuck. you're absolutely not to blame." mark replied immediately.

"of course, it is!" donghyuck turned around, his body being glued to mark's body. "i was born of a forbidden union. i have powers that i don't know about. i can't even fight... and people are fighting to use me as a mass destruction weapon." he continued, tears rolling down his cheeks by the end of his speech.

"donghyuck, you never asked any of this to happen. you didn't ask to be born..." mark tried reassuring him as he wiped his tears away.

"sometimes i wonder if the world wouldn't be a better place if i wasn't born at all..."

mark silently gasped, placing his finger under donghyuck's chin and lifting it up slowly so that their eyes could meet.

how could donghyuck say such things...?

"the world would never be better without you." mark whispered. "and my world would simply be hell."

donghyuck sighed. "nothing of this would be happening if i wasn't born."

"you're wrong donghyuck. this would have happened. if you were never born, i would still be on the titans' side, ready to kill the gods for good. i would never have changed my mind if you weren't here. you are the one who made me realise how wrong what i did was. you made me understand that my real family wasn't the divine father that i could barely see. my real family is the half-blood camp. and more particularly my new circle of friends." mark explained, cupping donghyuck's cheeks with his palms so that the boy couldn't look away. "you made me so much better..."