Chapter 130: Time of Evil Encounters

Start from the beginning

Hundun and Fei glanced at each other. Hundun said, "We lack the strength to overcome this predicament. When this king finds other subjects, we will investigate this place once more."

Fei was ecstatic upon hearing these words. "King is wise!"

The two yao turned and made for the door. When they reached the entrance, an old fellow dressed in blue stopped them. "The two youngsters, wait a moment."

Fei turned to look at Hundun. "King, he's calling out to us?"

"He's calling for youngsters, that has nothing to do with us," Hundun shook his head and turned a deaf ear to the old human man's calls.

"Youngster, don't walk so quickly." The uncle guarding the door grabbed a hold of Hundun's sleeve and said with plenty of enthusiasm, "Are you two not local?"

Hundun squinted at the elderly human man. "What about it?"

"Youngster, sorry, according to our Disease Prevention branch's guidelines, foreigners have to have their identification cards checked before entering. Trouble you two to let me have a look at your identification cards," Despite the kindly smile on the elderly uncle's face, his body was blocking the entrance, preventing Hundun and Fei from leaving.

"Identification card?" How could Hundun know about something like an identification card? He turned towards Fei. "You take it out."

Fei was at a loss. How could he have such a thing?

One glance at the two men's expressions and the elderly uncle knew that there was definitely something off about them. Seeing that police cars had already come over, his kindly face instantly turned cold. "Seeing how robust your bodies are, you don't lack strength, so why do you not take the correct path and insist on reaping benefits without working for it? That won't be so easy!"

Hundun, Fei: ...

Why was this old geezer changing faces so casually? Why was there no sign of it?

Two or three police cars swept by, tightly blocking the main doors of the Disease Prevention Branch. Close to ten police officers got out of the cars and surrounded Hundun and Fei without a single word.

"Raise your hands and take out your identification cards," The police officer holding up a gun stared at Hundun and Fei, not daring to be sloppy in the least. "Quickly."

Fei glanced at the pitch-black pistol in the police officer's hands and laughed out loud. "There are no talismans on it and no spiritual qi. What can such a small toy do?"

The police officers were struck dumb by the Fei's provocative words. They had seen savage hoodlums, but hoodlums who didn't even show the slightest bit of fear upon seeing guns were still seldom seen.

The police officers issued repeated warnings for Fei and Hundun to take out their identification cards and go with them to the police station. Unable to understand what they were saying, Fei and Hundun eventually grew tired of seeing these humans bellow here and there, and thus turned to leave.

"Stand still, don't run," A young police officer fired a shot at Fei's leg. But despite the bullet landing on Fei's leg, he showed no reaction, not even lowering his head.

All the police officers were stunned. The young police officer wore a slightly blank expression, thinking that he had shot a fake bullet.

"Everyone, be careful," The older police officer had more experience in handling sudden turns of events and had also encountered certain supernatural occurrences that could not be explained with science. Hence, he reminded all the police officers to retreat behind the police car.