Chapter 39: Don't Underestimate Rabbits

"Bah, what is this taste?" The Kun spat out the foreign matter in its mouth. A pile of battered, corroded metal as well as plastic bags of all colors came pouring out. With a flick of his tail, the sea waves rose massively and water surged, swirling up water and air. Perhaps the nearby land would experience tsunamis or typhoons not too long later.

His fins were very large, enabling him to cover a great distance in one flap. By relying on its strength, it absolved itself of the rumors stating that it had the slow speed of a fatty.

"What is this?" Using his fins, he swept up an unmanned underwater surveillance device, and bit into it. "Bah, it's not edible."

The department controlling the unmanned device was baffled. Why was there suddenly no signal from the surveillance device? This area of the sea was truly strange; if submarines weren't being captured, unmanned devices were destroyed for no rhyme or reason. Did deep sea devils really exist?

After spitting out a mouthful of fragments, the Kun twisted its tail and shrunk its body a little. This way, at least he could see the tips of his fins by angling his eyes. His body might have become smaller, but the speed at which he swam was not slow. Within a blink of an eye, he reached the surface of the water. Upon getting a clear view of the surface of the water, his first statement was an angry one, "Which bastard made my family's water so stinky?"

A sound was heard from above his head. He glanced up. A glittering bird flew across the sky. Not only was its appearance ugly, its cries were odd, and there was a long row of eyes on both sides of its body.

The Kun leaped towards the surface of the water. His fish scales morphed into feathers, and his fins extended to form wings. Raising his neck, he gave a long hiss.

"What's that?" Zhuang Qing immediately caught sight of the Kun transforming into a bird upon rushing to the coast. With its wings extended, the bird was more than ten meters long. Its feathers gave off a red light, just like burning flames. The moment Zhuang Qing got a clear view of the bird's appearance, he instinctively went on high alert.

"That's a Peng. When a Kun leaves the water, it transforms into a Peng, so the birds gave it the name of Kunpeng," Fu Li's expression was even more severe than Zhuang Qing's, because he had heard of the Kunpeng's deeds from White Ape. Its qi could swallow the clouds and sea, the sea was a mere lake to it, and its Divine Might was incomparable. At that time, White Ape was scared that he wouldn't know what the Kunpeng looked like, so he had specially drawn the Kunpeng's two forms for him and told him of the way to deal with it.

Namely, to run the moment he saw it. And to run as far as he possibly could without looking back.

"En? The scent of dragon?" The Peng who was just about to fly up to take a look at the strange bird flapped its wings and turned its head, looking towards the sea in search of dragon traces.

"You hide first," Fu Li stuck a talisman on Zhuang Qing. The talisman was drawn by White Ape that year and was said to be able to conceal the qi and cultivation base of a yao cultivator. "Who knows how many tens of thousands of years the Kunpeng has lived? It's said that he ate dragons during those years when the dragon race was large in numbers."

Zhuang Qing didn't reject his kind intentions. Fishing out his phone, he noticed that there was still two signal bars despite being at the sea. Thus, he hurriedly contacted the relevant department and sent them a video of the Peng. The country could make preparations in advance in the event that they were not able to hold the Kunpeng back.

Netizens frequently joked about the large size of the Kun and how it wouldn't fit into a pot, but if they were to see the appearance of the Kunpeng in reality, they would be immensely fortunate not to be eaten by him, much less speak of eating him.