Chapter 10: Shameless

"Fu daoyou."

Zhuang Qing still had an impression of Fu Li. A yaoguai who could transform into human form by the will of the heavens and even pick up the yao-beating whip could be considered the darling of heavenly law. Heavenly law had always favored humans. In comparison to humans, the yao were merely complimentary products that came along with the humans. So, their fate and fortune were much poorer in comparison to human cultivators.

This Fu Li could probably be counted as an unusual existence among the yao.

"Zhuang daoyou," Fu Li revealed a smile. "Many thanks for the prize money given by Zhuang daoyou." Although the Spirit Cultivating Pellet didn't have much use, the prize money was equal to two months of his salary.

"No need for thanks. It was taken from the funds allocated by the country; it's not my money," Zhuang Qing was very calm. "If you hadn't lent a helping hand then, my teammate would have lost his life to the Zhuyan."

"This is a harmonious society; help should be given proactively during moments of injustice," Fu Li tugged on his backpack. "Goodbye."

Zhuang Qing nodded and took a step to the side. Just as Fu Li was about to walk to the stairs, he stopped Fu Li. "Don't let others know about Fu daoyou's yao-beating whip." This sort of formidable magic tool had enormous allure in the cultivation world. If someone were to have the intentions of snatching this treasure, this yaoguai called Fu Li might not necessarily be able to protect it.

"You mean this thing?" Fu Li took out the yao-beating whip and presented it to Zhuang Qing after a moment of contemplation. "For you."

Zhuang Qing furrowed his brows, not quite understanding Fu Li's intentions.

"I heard from a yaoguai before entering the city that your bureau functions as a bailiff in the cultivation world. I don't have much use for this yao-beating whip even if I carry it on me, so I might as well give it to you and let it be put to good use," Fu Li stuffed the whip into Zhuang Qing's hands. "Morality in this world is much better now compared to the past, but bad humans and yao will never go out of existence."

For this mixed-blood dragon to have reached such a high position, he must not have had it easy either. Seeing as how he had specially given him the prize money, he would give him the whip and help him attract the will of the people.

"I don't need it," Zhuang Qing didn't quite understand the way this little yao thought. He was so poor that he even needed to pick up plastic bottles in exchange for money, yet he so readily gave away this priceless magic weapon. Was he right in the head?

"If you don't need it, you can give it to your teammates to use," Fu Li felt that this mixed-blood dragon was a little slow. Without giving his underlings some benefits, would his position be stable? In the mountain he had resided in a few hundred years ago, the king of the mountain was a pig yao. After the pig yao became the king, he still knew to let the yaoguai on the entire mountain drink and nibble on some sheep meat every few days. "Take it."

This mixed-blood dragon must have put in significant effort in order to climb to this position. Fu Li admired this sort of yaoguai who possessed such energy and vigor.

Zhuang Qing silently held onto the yao-beating whip for a long time before plucking two strands of hair from his head. When the strands of hair landed on his palm, they morphed into two dragon's beards that emanated golden light. The dragon's beards flew onto Fu Li and very quickly vanished without a trace.

Fu Li could vaguely feel a strand of dragon qi attached to his body. There was even a nearly imperceptible wisp of virtue. No wonder he couldn't make out this dragon's cultivation base. It turned out this mixed-blood dragon had not only taken on a leader's position in the cultivation world but had even secretly joined with the fate of the nation.