Chapter 59: Carrying a Tree

Zhang Ke, who was scrolling through the cultivators' forum, threw his phone onto the table. Then, he grabbed a cultivators' census form and furiously entered the data into the system. Seated beside him was Song Yu, who shifted sideways till he reached Fu Li. "Boss, I accepted a sponsorship two days ago and the company sent me a lot of snacks. Take some to Kunpeng daren later on, and help say a few good things about me along the way."

The fear from having a Kunpeng live above him had caused his appetite to decrease drastically. Even the feathers on his wings had started to drop. Getting a good night's sleep was practically impossible, nor could he swallow his food with ease.

"Don't be so nervous, it's not like the Kunpeng will eat you," Fu Li patted his bald head. For the Suanyu with weak offensive strength to have lived for so many years, it was probably because he had very little courage.

Song Yu smiled bitterly. Great yao like the Kunpeng were capable of eating anything. He just had to think about the Kunpeng being in his vicinity and his legs would inadvertently go soft.

"Fu ge, Song Yu," Xu Yuan walked in. "Just nice, both of you are around. We just received a report via telephone about a relatively odd situation. We might have to trouble you to make a trip."

"What happened?" Fu Li scanned the somewhat solemn expression on Xu Yuan's face and couldn't help asking, "Surely it's not some great yao who appeared again, requiring me to step in, right?"

"It's not clear at the moment," Xu Yuan shook her head. She took out a printed photo and held it out to Fu Li. "A few strange creatures appeared deep in the mountains of Yongliang Province. These strange creatures have three heads and cry for days on end without stopping. Their voices can travel as far as a hundred li. Although the local area has little human presence, rumors of ghosts have already spread."

Fu Li took the photo. The image on the photo was very blurry, but he could tell that the few people in the photo did indeed have three heads. In addition, they were slightly shorter and smaller than the average person. All of them were perched on a slightly odd-looking tree, making for an extremely strange sight.

"Isn't this the... Fuchang Tree?" Song Yu shifted forward to take another look at it. "The Fuchang Tree is usually by the side of the Langgan Tree. The three-headed people live and die for the Fuchang – their purpose in life is to pluck the Zhuyu fruits from the Langgan Tree, and then wait for the Fenghuang to descend." Song Yu let out a cryptic laugh at this point. "It's a pity that the spiritual qi is weak now and the Langgan Trees are close to extinct. As for the Fenghuang... who still sees them?"

Hearing Song Yu put things this way, the roomful of cultivators fell into a complicated mood. They were born for the Langgan Tree and Fenghuang, yet both were no longer around. They had felt that these three-headed people were incomparably ugly, but everyone was now sympathetic towards them.

Even their life's purpose was gone, how could they not cry?

"Then what should be done now?" Xu Yuan sighed. These three-headed people hadn't done anything wrong, so violence couldn't be used against them. That being said, they couldn't just allow them to continue wailing like that.

"Who said the Langgan Tree was extinct?" Fu Li was confused. "Isn't that tree with red fruit in the middle of the courtyard downstairs the Langgan Tree?"

"What?" All the cultivators looked towards Fu Li simultaneously. Why were they not aware that there was actually such an impressive fruit tree in their management bureau?

"So you guys didn't know what that tree was?" Fu Li was even more surprised than them. "You guys even dared to randomly plant a tree without knowing what it was?"