Chapter 127: Fate

The seafood was eaten by everyone with particular gusto. Even Xu Yuan, who usually hollered about wanting to diet, also displayed extraordinary fighting strength, stuffing herself so full that she nearly couldn't walk.

In order to freeload off Zhuang Qing and eat frequent lavish meals in the future, everyone even racked their brains for ways to praise how compatible the two people were and how their relationship would last for eternity. Zhuang Qing, who usually sported a cold face, was coaxed till his brows and eyes softened considerably.

But no matter how they ate, there was a limit to how much everyone could eat. Fu Li and Song Yu belonged in the category of the most capable eaters. Song Yu's original form was the Suanyu, whose body was akin to a mountain, and the amount he was capable of consuming was known to everyone. But Fu ge was a mere rabbit, how was he also able to ingest so much? He was truly an oddity among rabbits, the type that was especially good at putting food away.

Everyone ate till their bellies were as round as balls and the cups and dishes lay on the table in complete disorder. Fu Li got up to go to the washroom and bumped into Chu Yu, who was just on his way out of the toilet.

"Fu ge," Chu Yu had drunk too much wine. Not only was his face red, even his shiny scalp was a little flushed. "We're very happy that Fu ge got together with the boss, really."

Fu Li passed the soap to Chu Yu. Chu Yu squeezed out a large amount and scrubbed his hands for an eternity without placing his hands beneath the water tap. It was then that Fu Li knew he was heavily drunk.

"The boss isn't very fond of talking and he doesn't know how to say pretty words, but he's still very serious when it comes to emotions," Chu Yu was standing a little unsteadily. He propped his hands against the corner of the washbasin. His soapy hands became even more slippery, and with a clang, he banged into the washbasin, turning into a black and white fish.

Fu Li stared blankly for two seconds before retrieving a colored glass jar from his Qiankun pouch, collecting a bit of tap water, and then tossing Chu Yu in.

"This water tastes horrible, why does it taste like bleach?" Chu Yu popped his head out of the water and spat out two mouths of water. "I want to drink spring water from the mountains."

"I don't have spring water from the mountains now, only tap water," Fu Li pressed Chu Yu's head back down.

Unresigned, Chu Yu's head popped out of the water again. "Fu ge, I say, there hasn't been a single yao by the boss' side all these years, I almost thought he doesn't have emotions. There was a peony yao in the past who was deeply enamored with the boss, but there wasn't even a crease in his brows."

"And then?" Fu Li was extremely interested in this sort of dog-blooded past story.

"There was no 'and then'. The very proud peony yao about-faced and left the country to pursue their studies," Chu Yu shook his tail. "The boss is a very boring yao, so boring that even the emotion-driven gossip involving him is completely unable to shake anyone up or move them to their core.

"Seems like you're a bit disappointed?" Fu Li's smile became even gentler.

Upon seeing this smile, a good half of the intoxication on Chu Yu's face vanished. "F-Fu ge, these were all rumors I heard of, don't take them as the truth. Really, the boss has been single for close to two thousand years. You're his only love partner, I swear on the Dao."

"En," The smile on Fu Li's face didn't change. "It's right not to engage in puppy love."

"It's terrific that you think so..."

"Shh, someone's coming," Hearing footsteps approaching outside, Fu Li pressed Chu Yu down with his fingers and cast a silencing skill in passing.

A young lady walked in. Seeing the fishbowl in Fu Li's hands as well as the fat and ugly fish in it, his brain momentarily short-circuited.