Chapter 110: Together

"Fu Li has mentioned him to you?" Feng Ruizhong smiled. Picking up the teapot, he poured Zhuang Qing a cup of tea. "These tea leaves are two thousand years old Chen dynasty tea, but they've been kept fresh in a Qiankun pouch. Try it."

Zhuang Qing took a sip of the tea. Without savoring the taste, he continued asking, "He was very important to Fu Li?"

"Little Li is a very responsible owner, and that was his first and only pet," There wasn't much emotion in Feng Ruizhong's voice when he mentioned this human. "Unfortunately, this human had a limited lifespan and was only by Little Li's side for not more than five years before passing away from illness."

Zhuang Qing once again recalled the conversation between the underworld's yinchai chief and Fu Li outside Affinity Moon Hotel when he had just gotten to know Fu Li.

"After Little Li buried him, he sunk into a deep sleep," The edges of Feng Ruizhong's eyelids were a faint red-golden color. When he fiddled with the teacups with a lowered head, he appeared arrogant and cold. Zhuang Qing could not find any similarity between him and the playful little sparrow Fu Li had described.

"The humans have a saying called 'God's plans supersede our own'. Just when we thought that we had hid from the eyes of heavenly law, the azure dragon clan egotistically stirred up chaos, causing the entire Wei River to flood many areas. Countless people died in the flood," Feng Ruizhong's voice was cold. "If we hid in the mountains and didn't go out, the number of people struck by the disaster would only increase. But if we went out to stop the azure dragon clan, we would definitely be discovered by heavenly law."

"Heavenly law no longer tolerates the existence of powerful yao cultivators in the world. It wants to build an era without magic, one that belongs to ordinary humans," Feng Ruizhong paused. "You're very clever. By guiding the cultivators to sneak into the human world and live there, you have allowed heavenly law to recognize this method of interaction, leaving the yao race a chance to live."

Whether heavenly law was fair or unfair could not be said. During the era of the ancient great yao, the yao race had occupied nearly all the continents, and the other living creatures were mere fish meat in the mouths of the great yao. Only by prostrating themselves in front of the great yao could fish meat struggle on at death's door. Later on, the human race gradually thrived. They too had to make offerings to the various yao gods before they could have favorable weather to live on. The divine yao continued to remain aloof and lofty as they treated humans as playthings. This lasted until the great yao gradually disappeared or passed on, and the human ability to create became stronger and stronger. The grand days of the divine yao then started to come to an end, welcoming the magic-free era of the humans.

The humans now were akin to the yao cultivators back then – they sought all the world's resources without the slightest restraint, stood at the peak of all living creatures, and schemed against each other without any worries. But who could guarantee that human glory would always remain as it was?

If the things heavenly law bestowed on all living creatures in the world were not treasured, there would come a day when heavenly law would take them all back.

"It was also Heaven's Will that the Holy Beast Blue Dragon's inheritance was given to you," Feng Ruizhong looked up at the sky. "These forty-nine barriers can't hold on for much longer. If you have anything more you want to ask, take this chance to do so. I'll tell you everything."

"All of you evaded the eyes of heavenly law through painstaking efforts that year, so why dare to come out now?" Zhuang Qing looked at Feng Ruizhong. "Back in those years, you could occasionally leave the mountain because you deceived Fu Li, allowing all of you to hide under the eyes of heavenly law with the identities of ordinary yao cultivators. But your identities have already been exposed now, so why is there no reaction from heavenly law now that you've appeared?"