Missing

Lizzie's POV:

"Uh what would you like?"

"Sorry for waking up ma'am but we got reports saying you have a child with you. We currently have a child that has gone missing at our center."

"Child? I don't know anything" Are they talking about Evelyn

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Child? I don't know anything" Are they talking about Evelyn. Is she missing.

"Well she has medium brown hair, brown eyes. She is 3 years old but really tiny."

"Ugh I think you got the wrong house." I go shut the door put they stop it. My anxiety rises.

"Look, if you have her its okay. We won't take her away. We just want to make sure she is in good hands. Especially when her family is back in town."

"Um ho-how can I know for sure if your from the center."

"Look here, there is our business card.  Like I said we want Evelyn safe. If your willing to adopt her its fine. Just come to our center. "

I just nod. Her family is back in town? I don't know what to say.

"Ugh okay I'll stop by." They excuse them selves and apologize again. She has been missing, so it makes me look like I kidnapped her. Oh god.

Adopting her, I never really thought of that. I mean she has been calling me mom. I wanna keep her safe. They did seem a little worried about her.

I decided to ring up Scarlett, sure she can give me some mom advice.

S:hello?

She sounds tired. Oh god Lizzie it about to be one in the morning.

L: oh god sorry for waking you up. Its that I have this problem. You know Evelyn. What I told you, this center came to me like 5 mintues ago. Saying she has been missing and and

S: woah woah calm down Elizabeth. Its fine, don't worry. And what do you mean she has been missing?

L: I don't know I just found out. They asked me if she was okay and other stuff. But they asked me if I would like to adopt her. I need some advice Scar.

S: Look Lizzie being a mother can be hard. You gotta make sure you will have time for her. Loving her, paying attention to her. Protecting her.

L: yea I been doing that, she is one little cute kid. You know she has been referring me as her mom. At first it kinda felt weird but now it makes me happy.

S:really ever since you know.

L:yea she has been really clingy too. Not that I don't mind. I get all I don't know protective over her.

S: see its up to you Lizzie. Do you want her in your life. Watch her grow. I can't decide for you.

L:yea I know. Thank you Scarlett. Sorry again.

S:no need to apologize, that what friends are here for. Well now go rest and think about it tomorrow. Maybe even talk to her.

I end the call with Scarlett. I imagine life with her. Seeing her grow with me. But then comes the hiding her part. What if my family doesn't like me adopting Evelyn.

I snap out of my thoughts and head to bed. I surely need to talk to Mk and Ashley tomorrow.

Evelyn's POV:

As I turn around facing the window. The sun is peaking out of the window. I rub my eyes, and snuggle more in Mr. Snuggles. That's when there is a knock at my door. I quickly turn around.

"Goodmorning."

"Morning" She closes the door behind her. She walks over to the the curtains and opens it.

I wine because of the sun that is now on my face. I roll over on my stomach.

"Someone not a morning person" I can hear her move around and then she sits down. I peak through my hair which she moves out of my face.

"Has anyone called Eve before." I shake my head. "I just thought of it earlier. Anyway today I have a busy day. Ima have to leave you at the daycare. I gotta meet up with my sister's. Then I gotta go sign some paper work"

We make our way to the daycare. Is there where she leaves me like mama did. I grip on her hand more and more every time we get closer to the classroom.

"Oh hey there Ms. Olsen. I'm Miss. Williams"

"Hello there, this is my daughter." She nudges me, oh right

"H-hi"

"Hi there sweetie. Can you tell me your name" she bends down so she is at my level. I look up at mommy, and she nods at me.

"Evelyn"

"Evelyn. That's a pretty name. Well go find you cubby. It should be the last one to the left. I'll talk to your mom okay." I nod and head over where there are other backpacks.

I hang my backpack up. My name is written in purple. My favorite color.

"Evelyn come say bye to your mom" I look back at mommy. She goes on her knees and opens her arms. I run to her and hug her tight. This is goodbye I guess.

"I'll be back at two okay. Your fine here." She will be back. I nod my lip starts to quiver. "Hey don't cry. I'll be back before you know it. I put your little bunny in there."

"Mr. Snuggles!" I jump a little.

"Yes Mr. Snuggles. Now listen to Miss. Williams okay. Love you." She kisses the side of my head.

I see her leave and she waves on last time. I sigh. Welp here goes nothing.