Chapter 5 - The Old Charlie is Dead

Double chaptered! Whoop whoop! This chapter is dedicated to TheDoctorDiaries againnnnnn, because why not? I may not have another chapter up for a long time since it's my birthday on Monday and I'm going out with friends on Tuesday. So I'm busy on my birthday (April 6th) and after (April 7th) but then I'll have a lot of time to kill, since it's Easter break! Yay!!

-/-/-/-

Recap:
"I am giving you a chance, sweetheart. I am giving you a chance to get back at those wimps for ever laying hands on you. To do that, yes, you'll have to kiss their butts! But do you wanna know who's gonna win in the end? You. You are going to ruin them." She smirked.

"Believe me when I tell you this, there is no better type of revenge than betrayal."

$$$

I reluctantly unlocked the door and stepped out of the warm Bentley and into the chilly weather. Normally, the cold wouldn't affect me, since I'd be wearing piles of sweaters, but now I was wearing clothing that the old Charlie wouldn't be caught dead wearing, funny how things change, huh?

"The old Charlie is dead, I have resurrected you into a new Charlie!" Layla yelled dramatically. Could this girl read minds as well as transform faces?

As if on key, Layla burst out laughing, bending over slightly because of the pain from laughing too hard, serves her right for laughing at me. A few people gave us odd looks as they walked to home room, receiving glares from me as a reply.

"It's not very hard when you think things out loud!" She answered between laughs, having to pant like a dog to regain her composure.

"Our friendship is going places, Charlie." She smiled at me, grabbing my elbow and hauling herself into a standing position, her face had reddened slightly through the piles of makeup she wore.

"The only thing that it isn't going is home room, where we should be! We'll be late!" I complained, tugging on the hem of her shirt. Home room is the equivalent of tutorial in England, if tutorial is anywhere as bad as home room, then you can guess why I hated it with a burning passion. Not to mention my teacher! Mr Gonzales, every time he spoke, spit rained out of his mouth like rain. When he was angry, you'd be lucky to get out with a dry face.

"Wait what? We're not going to home room darling, only losers actually turn up! We're meeting the Mke in the abandoned classroom. You know, the one that's in west wing?" She asked me, unsure if I knew about where her group met up.

It was no secret, that all the popular people in our school met up in the abandoned classroom in west wing, average people liked to call it the coven. Though no one uttered a word of it, in fear of them changing their hiding spot. Admittedly, I had always wanted to see what happened behind the closed doors, but I never thought I'd receive an actual invite.

"If we want you popular enough to break Mike's heart, then we'll have to acquaint you with a lot of people." She clarified the motives behind the meet up, I nodded in reply.

$$$

To say that entering the coven was frightening, was to say the least. As soon as I stepped into the room full of my bullies, several heads zapped towards me, daring me to go further.

The room was inhabited by an approximation (yes I'm a nerd, live with it!) of fifteen people, around seven were boys and eight were girls. I recognised two girls from the school cheer squad. Alison, was the head cheerleader, hence her high pitched squeal when she realised me and Layla were walking in her direction, albeit she was supposedly Layla's best friend, Layla walked right past her, not sparing a glance her way. Sydney, was the deputy head and giggled when we walked past Alison, it wasn't a surprise, ever since Alison had stolen Sydney's chance at being the head, Sydney had detested her.

Even though I knew Layla was the most important person in this room. I hadn't realised the impact she had on people. As soon as she had entered the room, people had almost immediately averted their eyes from me, except for the few that had death wishes. They were met with a series of What are you looking at?'s and Head up here, not down there!'s She had hooked her arm around me and dragged me to a table, occupied by three people, ignoring the people gossiping about me and staring daggers at anyone who got in her way. I had yet to see this side of Layla and truly, it was worse than I had expected.

"Layla!" Boomed a familiar voice, belonging to a specific boy with caramel brown hair and blue eyes. He got up and engulfed Layla in a tight hug, before letting go awkwardly when she didn't mimic his actions, or enthusiasm.

"Mike." Layla replied, her tone almost robotic. Forget the almost, Layla wasn't even pretending to be happy to see him. Her lack of enthuse caused whispers to erupt, they were quiet enough for Layla to be oblivious to him, though judging by the look on Mike's face, he had heard them.

"Baby, I've missed you so much!" He smiled, it looked extremely forced. "Spring break has been so long without you!"

"Sure it has." A tight lipped smile spread across Layla's friend, causing me to look at her with a concerned expression on my face. If she acted any more nonchalant, she'd get us both caught.

"Who's your little friend? Is she new?" I heard Mike practically yell, it seemed that in that moment, everyone in the room turned to face us. They were probably silently thanking Mike for asking the question they were too scared to ask.

"Yeah, who is she?"

"Who cares? She's smokin' hot"

"You aren't gonna get her in those jeans, Thomas!"

"Do jeans really matter? It's what's under them that's gonna make her want me."

"She's mine." A final voice growled, silencing the others. If I had heard someone say this three months ago, I would've peed my pants, but it seemed as though Layla had heard them and turned to give me a refreshing smile, making me forget about the creep that had said that.

"Actually, baby-" Layla smirked, looking Mike straight in the eye. "You know my friend, Charlie, very well."

###

I didn't think Layla would drop the bomb on Mike so quick! What is that girl up to?