Chapter 2 - Lay it on the table!

Hello, I'm sorry this chapter is late up! It is dedicated to Aishah2000 for being my first reader!

Carry on reading, but don't forget to press that pretty little star!

If the first part bores you, skip the first two paragraphs. It's irrelevant anyway, the significant part starts under the stars.

—-

If you had told me that I'd be sat in a room - with Layla Daniels - willingly allowing her to touch my hair with a curling tong, a month ago, I would have laughed in your face and walked away. Actually- scratch that, I would've referred you to a mental institution.

I mean me? Charlie Lakes - also known as Loser Lakester - in the same room as Layla? Layla friggin' Daniels, not only the most beautiful girl in our school (thanks to her Spanish and Italian genes), but one of the only Elites to step into the hellhole we call a 'public school'

I know, I'm confused too...

* * *

a few hours back

I made my way to my locker, jumping over legs attempting to trip me over. People enjoyed making me fall flat on my face, so they could brag about the bruises they left, to their friends.

In the beginning falling over people's feet was tiring. It would affect me physically and mentally, since I wasn't used to having half the student body detest me. Originally, I had been average, almost like a chameleon. People didn't care about me I didn't care about them.

Associating myself with Mike had transformed me from a chameleon, to Ebola (A/N I apologise to anyone offended by this sentence, it is a metaphor). People wanted to know about this unknown species. They gossiped about it, spread rumours about it, they detested it. Their mission was to rid themselves - and Mike - of it.

They succeeded.

Last summer, Mike had rid himself of Ebola. His cure, was to break up with it. Ever since then, he shamed Ebola, he ruined Ebola, he hurt Ebola.

He broke my heart.

I had finally found my locker, but a foreign face was leaning against it. I say foreign, because to us geeks, that's what she is. Foreign. Furrowing my eyes, I continued my way to my locker and opened it. Ignoring her existence.

"Are you Loser Lakester?" Questioned a female voice. I looked up to meet the owner of the comment, with an angry expression plastered on my face. Couldn't people call me Layla instead? It had less syllables than Loser Lakester and was damn well easier to say!

"Layla?" I choked out her name, genuinely surprised she was here, her name left a foreign feeling on my tongue, making me feel like I didn't deserve to utter the name of someone popular. Albeit, she had only been in this school for a year, Layla had grabbed the hearts of everyone in our school the second she entered with her six inch Louboutins.

Layla was made for fame. Her caramel brown hair with platinum blonde highlights swayed effortlessly just above the small of her back; Not only did she have perfect hair, but her sun kissed tan and emerald green eyes could put Behati Prinsloo out of business. Girls envied her. Unlike other girls, Layla was actually talented and less of a nuthead. She took all AP classes and could sing.

"She also took Mike." Laughed my conscience, enjoying my instant discomfort at having to converse with the girlfriend of my ex.

"I'll take that as a 'yes' then." She looked up from her phone and smiled.

"No, my name is Charlie." I replied, glaring down a girl that had done nothing to make me hate her guts, other than be breathtakingly gorgeous.

"Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't awa-"

"Of course you weren't!" I cut her off "You're popular, remember? You don't converse with losers like me!" I finished putting my books in my locker and slammed it closed, turning in the other direction.

"Wait!" She yelled, urgency dripping from her tone. "I really need to talk to you about something, it's important." I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what could be so degrading that she'd have to talk to me about it.

A bitter laugh escaped my mouth, as I turned around and faced her.

"Me? Oh. Did you break a nail? Do you need Loser Lakester-" she flinched "to do your homework? Go on! Lay your orders on the table! It's not like I have a life to live anyway, you popular witches took that away from me." I ranted, preventing tears from rolling down my cheeks.

"Mike cheated on me." She blurted, fire dancing in her eyes. "And I want you to help me get revenge."

—-

Well that escalated quickly!

I posted a double chapter for you guys! Enjoy.

Vote, comment and follow if you're cool!

You're all cool!

I don't have much to say.

Bye

- A