Chapter 119: Baize

Start from the beginning

"You've grown up," The Baize took off his glasses and patted Fu Li on the shoulder. "Much sturdier." What amazed him even further was the thin, concealed yet visible glow of golden virtue and purple qi of a monarch on Fu Li. The year that heavenly law doled out its punishment – the time when he was separated from Fu Li – Fu Li hadn't had all these.

Fu Li was a soul formed from the human world's various spiritual qi, seven feelings, and six desires. His extremely disorderly natal chart was also a greatly ominous omen. It was impossible for him to have virtue and the purple qi of a monarch, nor should he have them.

In the past two thousand years, what marvel had Fu Li encountered for such a reversal in his greatly ominous natal chart to appear? Ever since being sealed in the heart of a desert and suffering the scorching rays of the sun on a daily basis, the Baize's ability to foretell Heaven and Earth's heavenly law had become increasingly weak and he had lost most of this ability.

He could no longer divine Fu Li's fate. Even the Kunpeng's natal chart was beyond him now.

"Little rabbit, you're the Baize's junior?!" Looking at Fu Li and the Baize's happy meeting, the Kunpeng suddenly bellowed, "I asked you back then whether you've met the Baize, why hadn't you say you hadn't?!" He really hadn't expected a Hou like Fu Li to actually have been raised by an auspicious beast like the Baize. It was truly the greatest joke under the eyes of heavenly law.

He even called him uncle and still said they hadn't met before? Truly unexpected – what seemed like a pure and simple junior was even more professional than anyone else when lying.

"Baize?!"

Everyone thought that something had gone wrong with their ears upon hearing the Kunpeng's explosive shriek. The illustrious Baize of Heaven and Earth who could see previous incarnations and foretell the future was actually standing alive and well in front of them?

Zhang Ke squeezed through the gaggle of little yao watching the liveliness. Taking out his phone, he sent his colleagues a message. "Quick, come and see the auspicious beast Baize. A live one!"

"Bigheaded fish, you can't beat me so you're trying to bully my nephew?" The Baize pulled Fu Li behind him and put on his glasses, staring at the Kunpeng. "Are you trying to threaten us with your loud voice?"

"F*ck your threaten!" The Kunpeng who was addicted to playing with phones had already learnt internet slang for cursing others. "Fu little Li, what did you tell me at that time?!"

"I didn't know that Elder White Goat was the Baize at that time," Fu Li stuck his head out from behind the Baize's shoulders after taking cover behind him. "I can't be blamed for that."

"You're taking me for a fool?!" The Kunpeng laughed in anger. "You lived with them for thousands of years without knowing what they were?"

The Baize touched his nose, turning towards Fu Li hesitantly, though his glare at the Kunpeng wasn't lacking in oppression at all. "So what if you're taken for a fool?"

Kunpeng: "Y-You..."

"What's everyone shouting outside for?" The moment Zhuang Qing's voice sounded, the little yao gathered around watching the drama instantly opened up a path so that Zhuang Qing could get a clear view of the situation.

Zhuang Qing passed through the tiny path everyone opened up for him before coming to a halt on the last row of steps. Glancing at Fu Li behind the Baize, he smiled politely at the Baize. "Senior Bai, hello."

"Hello," As an auspicious beast, the Baize was inherently fond of living creatures with an abundance of virtue and purple qi. In the many years he had lived, there were not many creatures like Zhuang Qing who possessed the golden glow of virtue and whose entire body was bathed in the purple qi of a monarch. Therefore, he subconsciously had a favorable impression of Zhuang Qing at first glance.