CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

Fran smiled "So, when is the big day again?"

"Two weeks from tomorrow."

"Have you picked a flavor?"

Lorelai sighed "Oh, I don't know. They're all so good."

"Well you have to try them again." Fran declared.

"Oh no." She shook her head "I've already eaten so many."

Fran clicked her tongue "This is a very crucial decision, young lady. Cake is the glue of the wedding, so you will stand here and eat until you decide."

Lorelai gave in quickly "Okay, if you insist."

"I do. After all, what's more important then your wedding day?"

"Well, it ain't Guy Fawkes day." Lorelai quipped.

Fran nodded slowly "Yes, well, I'll just go and see if there's anything else in the back."

Whilst the elder woman headed off in search, Hayden cleared her throat "So how was in seeing Max last night?"

She grinned "Well—"

"No gory details." Rory chimed in.

Their mother scoffed "Like I've ever shared that part of my relationship with you."

Hayden raised an eyebrow "You've alluded—"

"You've insinuated—" Rory added.

"Indicated."
"Implied."
"Inferred."

"You have tiptoed to the brink of impropriety." Rory finished.

Lorelai hummed as she looked between the twins "Hm, that Chilton has taught you some big words."

Hayden shrugged "Big bucks get you a big education."

"That's kind of the point." Rory agreed, taking another bite of cake.

"It was really great." Lorelai admitted "I'm glad he's back."

Rory looked to her "And he's on board with the whole smallish wedding thing?"

"Oh yeah. We want fun, we want simple, we want fast. We've been completely in sync, without the slightly gay boy band affiliation."

Hayden nodded along "Well, I printed up some sample invitations for you that I made."

"Aww." Lorelai cooed, pinching her cheek before glancing over her shoulder at Rory "Isn't she the best?"

Rory nodded happily "And the brightest."

Hayden rolled her eyes but smiled at the pair as she pulled out three samples "All you have to do is pick out a quote for the front page, and I'll print 'em up."

"Okay. Um." Lorelai began to swipe through them "'What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.' Ugh."

Rory shot her mother a look "It's Sinclair Lewis."