Chapter 14: When

Peridots POV:
"I just called my friend to bring my clothes and my charger to my mom," I said as I hung up the phone "that's good sweetheart, I have to go now though the company is already losing customers and I was only gone for two days, can you believe these assholes?" Mom said as she frustratingly threw her phone in her bag. I nodded and we both bid our farewells as she left the room and as I watched her through the glass window walk away from my room. I sighed at the silence that this place is full of other than the monitors and the nurses that keep coming in. I give it like half an hour since my mom left that two girls walked into my room. One was short with white dyed hair and the other was tall with blue hair. It was Fluorite and Lapis. Come to think of it I'm probably the only one with natural and normal hair. I thought to myself but my thoughts were interrupted by a loud noise coming from the short one "HEY PDOG~ I brought your clothes nerd- oh and your girlfriend too" she threw the bag in the little closet and then she turned around and pointed with her thumb. She started to snicker and say "Connie is gonna trip when she hears this" the short obnoxious girl started to laugh as I turned a shade of red. Lapis on the other hand wasn't laughing, she looked embarrassed but she couldn't stop staring at me. So I assumed she was too worried to care. Amethyst walked up to the side of my bed and Pat my head gently "I'd stay loser but Garnet needs my help back at the house for the student council meeting thing- whatever some kind of lame thing I agreed to do with for some reason" "haha okay weirdo I'll see you later" I said as me and Flourite hooked our arms together and shaken. When we detached she left the room and waved goodbye. I then turned my head to Lapis who stood in the dark corner quietly.
"A-are *sniffs* are you okay?" She said with whatever strength she had. You can tell she was in pain just looking at me. "Of course I am you clod, I'm Peridot" I snickered "Come here Lazuli it's okay" I reassured and tried to have her come by, finally I convinced her to walk out of the corner and she stood by my feet looking down. She looked like a crying child the way she was hugging her stomach, her eyes puffy red. She was wearing the same white jacket she wore when we met and I smiled "hey I'm supposed to be the sad one you dingus" I smirked as I looked at her but when she looked up she looked straight at my left shoulder. She finally approached me and gently touched the bandages then towards me "This is my fault.." her eyes became dim it was sad to see her look so helpless "hey no it's not, Jasper just couldn't take a break up well" I told her as I gently put my hand on her cheek. I felt her rest her warm red face in my cold hand she smiled and looked at me as if she had no hope anymore "I'm fine Lapis, it's just my shoulder. And the shoulder is probably the best place to be shot at-" she cut me off by covering my mouth and leaning her head on my right shoulder sitting on the side of the bed, I can feel my neck becoming damp from her tears. She wrapped her arms around my body and sunk into me as if this was our last day together "I'm so so so sorry I did this to you!" She said as she cried more and hugged me tighter. I didn't know what to think anymore she just wanted to sit there and be with me. Eventually, she stopped crying climbed on the bed more to cuddle me. "Please tell me you'll be okay.." she asked as she nuzzles her nose under my chin "of course I am" I smiled.