십사

Yedam's POV:

All three of us couldn't look at each other in the faces without wanting to yell or scream at one another.

I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror without wanting to punch myself in the face.

"Jeongwoo is on the way", Jihoonie Hyung mumbled as he looked at his phone, "He's not happy."

Doyoung scrunched up his face before bringing up his fingers to knead his forehead. His face was blotchy as hell.

"Should we call someone from the office?", Hyung asked, "Maybe one of her friends."

I pursed my lips, "I don't have any of their numbers", I said, my tone defeated, "And the studio is closed today."

Jihoon let out a noise of frustration as he buried his face in his hands.

My own head was getting heavy from worry.

Sooah, where are you?

All of us have been calling and texting Sooah since she have been out of our sights last night but to no avail. Doyoung was mad when he found out that I yelled at her at the party. I'm mad at him for not telling the two of us that he and Jihoonie Hyung were together.

Heck, I'm madder that he didn't even tell me that he was into guys.

The doorbell rang and Jihoon got up to answer it. Doyoung sat up straight, rubbing his neck as he stared at me. I stared right back.

The slamming of the door made the both of us jump. Jeongwoo sauntered into the room and smashed his fist onto the table, his face furious.

"EXPLAIN", he yelled, and I flinched.

"NOONA IS MISSING AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME TILL NOW?"

I opened my mouth to say something but he glared at him. I immediately closed it.

"SHE COULD BE KIDNAPPED OR WORSE!", he screamed, "IT'S NOT SAFE FOR HER AT NIGHT BUT YOU LET HER GO ANYWAY. HOW COULD YOU?"

"Woo, listen—"

"I'm not listening to any of you", he said, breathing hard, "Did you call the police?"

I nodded, "We did but it's not twenty four hours yet and they don't think she's missing in that way. They think she went missing on purpose because of—"

I trailed off. I can't explain what happened last night again. My head hurts when I even think about it.

"Because of?", Jeongwoo repeated, "What did you do?"

"I—"

"You probably hurt her feelings, didn't you, Hyung?", he spat, his angry eyes on me, "Do you even know how much Noona adores you?"

I ducked my head. I couldn't meet his accusing eyes.

"So this is all your fault, then!", he said slowly and Doyoung got up, his hand on Woo's shoulder.

"Jeongwoo, calm down—"

"I'M NOT CALMING DOWN", he snapped, jerking his shoulder away from him. He looked back at him, his face full of loathing.

"When we find Noona, I want you to stay away from her. I don't care what you have to say. You don't deserve her. She's too good for an asshole like you."

Jihoonie Hyung gasped, reaching for his younger brother, "Jeongwoo—"

"Don't touch me", he said, before storming out. I heard the door being slammed again and I knew that he had left.

Jihoon sighed, "I'll go talk to him", he said softly, reaching for his coat, "You both stay here just in case Sooah comes back."

I nodded and Hyung left too, the click of the lock loud in the silence of the apartment.

I glanced at Doyoung, who still looked shocked at Jeongwoo's outburst. He looked more guilty than ever.

"I'm guessing you and Hyung didn't quit being trainees, then?", I asked slowly and Doyoung looked at me, before scoffing.

"Of course not", he said, "You really thought I would give up on my dreams for no reason?"

"Well—"

"Here's the thing, Yedam", he said, looking at at coldly, "Me and Jihoon got caught making out in an empty practise room. The manager was furious and threw us out, and promised us that we would never be accepted in another company again. All because we shared a kiss after work."

I glanced away but Doyoung wasn't done. "You wouldn't know how it feels, would you? To know that you were stopped from fulfilling your dreams because you liked a guy? No, everything was always easy for you. You had Sooah all to yourself since middle school but you were too dense to notice that she likes you. Instead you get yourself with a skank like Daeun, who only cares about herself."

I looked away. I couldn't even snap back. Because everything he said was true.

My phone rang and the both of us flinched. Doyoung's eyes were widened. My breathing was shallow.

Sooah?

I looked at the screen and felt my heart drop. The caller ID was of someone who I didn't want to talk to.

I pressed decline and put the phone face down. Doyoung gave me an expectant look but I shook my head. His face fell back to melancholy.

My phone rang again and I winced. The ringtone was bright and loud and it was hurting my head. I glanced at the caller ID. Pressed decline again.

It tinged with a voicemail notification and I sighed.

Let me see what she wants.

I pressed play and her voice filled the apartment. Doyoung wrinkled his nose.

"Yah, Bang Yedam! Stop ignoring my calls. I've been calling since last yesterday and you're leaving me on voicemail. I can't believe you went to a party with that wench, Park Sooah. I never said you could go! PICK UP THE PHONE! I'm your girlfriend, not her. You're supposed to be with me—"

I switched my phone off mid-tirade, and sighed in annoyance. What did I see in her that I gave up on Sooah?

"What?", Doyoung retorted, "Not calling her back?"

I stared at his face and picked up the phone, dialling Daeun's number. He gave me a disappointed look.

She picked up. I put my phone on speaker and laid it on the table between us.

"BANG YEDAM! HOW DARE YOU DECLINE MY CALLS!"

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want, Daeun?"

I heard her scoff, "WHAT DO I WANT? I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND I FIND OUT YOU ARE AT PARTIES WITH ANOTHER GIRL, A GIRL I CANNOT STAND. SERIOUSLY? WITH SOOAH, THAT UGLY BITCH—"

"Let's break up, Daeun", I said coldly and Doyoung's mouth fell open, "I'm not dating anyone who dares to badmouth my best friend."

She spluttered, "WHAT? YOU CAN'T BREAK UP WITH ME! YAH, YOU CAN'T DO THIS—"

I hung up on her. I could imagine her raging in her apartment.

I went to my contacts and blocked her number. Deleted all the messages from her. Opened up my gallery and moved all the photos I had of her and of us together to the recycle bin. Then emptied it.

Doyoung gave me a surprised look. I got up, determined.

"Let's find Sooah. I'm going to find her and apologise. Come on."