"Ocean"

Radiant had only been to the aquatic borders of the continent twice before in her entire life. Once was when she was forced out of Wasp Hive for two days, and another when she comforted Adonis at Dragonfly Bay.

Neither times had she ever really stopped to appreciate the sight of the waters, and she was certain she still wouldn't. Radiant was never one for 'stopping to smell the flowers', as others would say.

Unfortunately for her, Adonis was just one of those dragons that not only had to pause everything to smell the flowers, but had to sniff every single one.

"Come on, it won't be that bad. You're just overreacting," Adonis said, letting Radiant out of the dining tent.

"It probably will be." Radiant rolled her eyes, stepping back onto the prickly grass.

"Well, when was the last time you had been out by the waters? Over a month? Yeah, and that was only for a few minutes too when-" Adonis cut herself off and visibly bit her lip.

"I mean," Radiant began. "It'll give us something to do other than stay here with... those dragons." Radiant pointed towards a group of dragons nearby a bonfire, some with vibrant pinks, yellows, and purples with large fangs.

"Oh for moons sake- Radiant..." Adonis took a deep breath. "You know, this will be a better conversation at the ocean. I don't think a lot of dragons would appreciate me arguing with you right here."

"Why not? That sounds like a great idea," Radiant said in a dull voice.

Adonis rolled her eyes. "You're insufferable."

"That's my specialty." Radiant grinned.

"Come on, let's just go." Adonis ran forward, leaving Radiant in her dust.

"HEY!" Radiant called after. She couldn't believe Adonis would have ditched her like that, but she was more amused by it than irritated.

Radiant chased the blue SilkWing for minutes, running past other dragons and right out of the camp. She looked back, seeing the tents disappear as the two dragons ran further into the savanna.

It was nice, relaxing evening. It was a slightly cloudy day with a warm breeze to keep Radiant from freezing her antennae off. The tall dry grass even felt a bit softer as she galloped through the field.

"You're too slow!" Adonis called from around two hundred steps from her.

"Says you!" Radiant yelled back. She had not even noticed that she had a big stupid grin across her face, which then instantly dissolved into a grimace.

Adonis wasn't all too fast, but had great endurance. Radiant was never a runner, despite having to run from her Teachers a lot as a dragonet. All she could do was try to breathe, though she was running out of steam.

Packs of gazelles and zebras split off as the two dragons ran through the savanna. Radiant was getting more and more tired, until finally...

Boom!

Adonis suddenly slipped, tumbling to the ground. It was as though something had grabbed at her talons, pulling her down.

"Ow, ow..." Adonis whined.

Radiant slowed down to a trot before advancing over to Adonis, looking over her body. "You're not bleeding, get up."

"How do you know I'm not bleeding on my other side?" Adonis asked, her face still down and against the ground.

"Well, let's see then." Radiant stepped back. Adonis quickly got on her talons and shook off some grass.

"You look fine. You're still standing so that's good."