"Sky"

Radiant wandered around the savanna, scared and out of breath. All around her was endless tall grass, no Hives, no animals, nothing. She couldn't smell anything, nor hear the wind. She was all alone in an endless field.

"Adonis? Anybody? Hello?" She called out in hope somebody would answer. All she was met with was a deafening silence. Suddenly, a noise. The grass rustling from right behind her. She turned around, all of a sudden feeling happy. 

She was met with a HiveWing, though their face was darkened. She couldn't see what colour their eyes were, what their face looked like, nothing at all. Radiant wanted to call out their name, but couldn't. She knew their name, right?

She wouldn't forget one of her closest friend's name, right?

With each passing second their green scales slowly washed out, turning into a grey colour. Radiant couldn't forget what they looked like, it's only been a few weeks since she last saw them. She reached out to touch them, hoping it would trigger something with her memory, but instead they jumped back away from her.

"Why did you leave me?" The dragon asked. Radiant recognized the soft voice, but didn't know who it belonged to.

"I don't know! I was stupid and—" Radiant began before the dragon sank into the grass. "Don't leave me!" she pleaded, running over to where the dragon stood. "Don't leave me all alone!..." she cried. The savanna around her began to shift and change, turning into a corridor.

A sudden feeling that she needed to run to the other end took hold of her and she began to run. Footsteps trailed behind her as voices mocked her and began to scratch at her tail. Radiant looked back to see the misshapen faces of three yellow HiveWings, though she still knew them.

"Come back you rat!" One hissed. The others laughed along and Radiant felt true terror as she continued to run. The door leading out of the corridor was right there, yet the hallway seemed to get longer and longer. The laughter of the HiveWings behind her sent chills down her spine as their claws sank into her tail.

Amazingly, she reached the end of the corridor and was greeted with a door, which she then promptly ran through and locked behind her. She pressed her body against the door as the screeches from the HiveWings and the scratching filled her ears.

"Let us in!" One roared as they all began to bang at the door.

"Please, leave me alone!" Radiant begged. Eventually, the banging stopped. Radiant slowly walked from the door until it fully disappeared. She looked around her new surroundings, a empty black room that seemed to go on forever.

Yet, something was in the distance. Two figures. Radiant ran towards them, then slowed down when realizing what they were. It was two bodies, one ruby and garnet red and another white as an opal, hanging from a rope that was tied around their necks.

Radiant felt rage, pity, and confusion all at the bodies, blaming them for everything that happened to her. If they never disobeyed Wasp, she wouldn't have been trapped at that school for years of her life. Suddenly, the floor below her seemed to disappear as she began to fall. She looked down to see the fastly approaching ground and braced herself, before jolting awake.

"Clearsight alive..." she mumbled to herself, placing her talons where her heart was. She wiped her face with her other arm, realizing that she was crying. "Don't need Adonis seeing that." she whispered, looking over to see Adonis snoring obnoxiously loud. She got up and looked over to her side for some food, only to find the rations empty again. Radiant exhaled and got up out of her bed, or 'Nest' as Adonis would say, and walked over to Adonis, pushing her awake.