"Carpet"

The next morning Radiant awoke to find herself still alive and not hurt in the slightest. She got up and walked down the hall and was greeted by the smell of cooked meat. Her nose and antennae curled in on themselves in disgust and flew down the stairs.

"You're up early," Locust said. Radiant saw him in the kitchen with a fire going. On the fire was a pan with some meat on it.

"Don't tell me you're going to make me... Eat that..." Radiant gagged in disgust. Locust's eyes looked at her in surprise.

"You don't like zebra meat?"

"I don't like meat PERIOD."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know you didn't like that. I can go out and get some fruit from the market if you'd like. You could even join me to pick out the fruit you'd like," Locust suggested. Radiant snorted, but considered it.

"Sure, but only because you'd probably screw it up anyways and get me, I don't know, fruit meat if I wasn't there," she hissed aggressively.

"Thanks for the compliment," Locust said with a smile on his face and grabbed a small black bag.

"Does literally everything you own come in the colour of green and black?" Radiant asked, astonished that so many things are just one of two colours. Locust stiffened a bit.

"Perhaps.. Anyways, you ready?" Locust said, checking his bag and pulling out a scale. Radiant looked at her talons, she didn't bring anything with her when she left Wasp Hive and it would be nice to get something.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Radiant admitted and walked out of the door without even waiting for Locust.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Locust said, running out of the house and to Radiant. He caught up to Radiant and let out an exhausted sigh. "You walk fast." he complimented. Radiant didn't say anything and walked to the left a little more to stay away from him.

"So.. What was it like in Wasp Hive? I never really been there before, only a few times for family stuff," Locust asked. Radiant turned her snout away from him, refusing to talk. "Not too happy to talk about it? I see, I'll just shut up," Locust said and both dragons continued walking in silence.

They both got to the market in Hornet Hive, which was rather big for what it was worth. Lanterns of an unknown material lit up the entire bazaar and the sounds of HiveWings bargaining filled the outdoor market.

"We can go over here first," Locust said, pointing to a bar. "We could probably ask them for some fruit." Locust walked over there and Radiant tailed behind. A few HiveWings and SilkWings stopped to stare at Locust and Radiant could hear them whispering, probably about her.

"Hold it, why are you following the Duke?" A HiveWing guard asked Radiant, stepping in front of her.

"None of your business," Radiant hissed. She kept trying to walk by, but the HiveWing wouldn't budge. Then, a jade green paw landed on the HiveWing's shoulder.

"She's with me," Locust said and the HiveWing looked at him with a mildly shocked look then stepped out of the way. Radiant looked at the yellow HiveWing guard smugly and walked along with Locust. "You can say thank you now." Locust said jokingly. Radiant rolled her eyes at him. Both dragons then walked up to the bar and were greeted with the smell of cooking meat. Radiant gagged for a bit and the HiveWing chef just looked at her annoyed.

"If you can't handle meat getting cooked, then get out," the HiveWing chef snorted. Radiant snarled back at the chef.

"Hey, do you have any fruit to spare?" Locust asked calmly.

"Don't know, but if I have to go look it'll cost ya'."

"Come on, I'm one of your regulars!"

"You've been to my bar all of two times."