Chapter 102: I Bought a House

Start from the beginning

"During the ancient times, there were numerous great yao, each with their own abilities. During the past thousands of years, the great yao no longer appear in public. It is extremely challenging to find out his identity," Zhuang Qing replied calmly. "There is a cultural gap between the current cultivation world and the ancient times, so this great yao's identity cannot be discovered with just this one extraordinary phenomenon."

"If it can't be discovered, then forget it," Everyone present was very rational. They understood that they could not make demands regarding this matter, and that doing so would not lead to a good outcome. Fortunately, the economy had been flourishing in recent years. Even if natural disasters occurred occasionally, there was no need to be concerned about death from starvation.

"The nature of this unknown yao cultivator gentleman is unknown, if it's..." The boss of the security department didn't finish his statement, but everyone understood what he meant. Everyone would still be able to live their lives well without this mystical ability. At the most, they would just be a little regretful. But if this powerful yao was not friendly to humans, then that would be a major issue.

The mastermind behind the Feiyi's incident hadn't appeared, and everyone's hearts were strung tight. They had added all suspicious parties, including certain foreign hostile factions, into their list to take precautions against.

"There's no need to worry about that. During the ancient times, yao cultivators who can imbue vitality were all auspicious beasts by nature, and everyone made offerings to them. They are friendly to all life forms, including humans," Zhuang Qing said. "The fact that this yao can cause rice crops to grow from snow shows that he is not a brutal yao."

"That's good then," After the most worrisome problem was resolved, the atmosphere at the meeting relaxed. The boss of the security department even had the thought of cracking a joke, "To think the status of yao cultivators in the past really was decided by their birth; their positions were determined the moment they were born, isn't that a bit too simple and cruel?"

"It's probably because the hearts of yao cultivators are more pure and simple?" Zhuang Qing returned this statement in neither a servile nor overbearing manner.

The boss of the security department instantly zipped his mouth shut. Zhuang Qing's words indicated that the hearts of humans were complex.

Zhuang Qing represented the cultivation world and naturally had to protect the cultivation world in such a setting. It was fine if they joked around individually during private video conferences, but during official meetings, Zhuang Qing would stand his ground firmly.

Excessive aggressiveness would be over the top, while excessive nonchalance was weakness. Since he wanted to protect the entire cultivation world, he wouldn't be careless in this aspect.

After the meeting ended, everyone bid goodbye to Zhuang Qing and even specially shook hands with Fu Li, their attitudes so friendly that it nearly bordered on enthusiasm. Fu Li even suspected that they wanted to pluck a strand of his hair to take back as a souvenir.

Seeing that Fu Li was surrounded by these people, Zhuang Qing reached out and dragged Fu Li out of the crowd. He raised an arm at everyone. "There are still many things waiting for us to handle at the cultivators' management bureau, we'll take our leave first."

Everyone watched with some regret as Zhuang Qing strode out of the meeting room with Fu Li.

This was a rabbit yao capable of rivaling the Kunpeng in a fight, and defeating the God of Pestilence and Suanyu. With such formidable magic power, he was definitely also an auspicious beast. Shaking hands with him would definitely not be a disadvantage to them.