River scoffed like it was an inside joke. "Of course not, he loves getting his surprises when he gets home."

"If I was Elijah I'd of killed you by now for not telling me half the shit that happens when he's gone." Remarked Draven from behind as I heard him typing away at his laptop.

"Just as well you're not my brother then."

There was a underlining meaning in those words but none of us dared to bring it up.

The two of them basically were brothers when we were kids.

"Still no sign of anyone in the house?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"No, also he needs to get better security. It was too easy to hack into the cameras in his home."

A few seconds later Draven's words registered in my mind and I was moving. Grabbing the gun under my seat I clicked it open to check it was loaded.

River was now wide awake as he started to gather his own shit, ready for what ever was about to go down.

"What is it?" Asked Draven with a frown as his eyes flicked between his laptop and us.

"You said it yourself, it was too easy. Those are fake feeds going to you. Probably set up by someone even better than you. I seen a shadow by the window earlier but I just thought it was the tree casting a shadow, now I'm not to sure."

My car was park around the corner slightly out of view of the house but close enough to give us a perfect view.

"So you think someone's in there?" Asked River a dangerous grin crossing his lips.

His tiredness was long forgotten about as he started to come alive. He rolled his shoulders back almost like he was preparing himself for a fight, and maybe he was.

After all we didn't know what was in there and we were about to head right into the lions dens.

"Guys, I really don't think you should go in there. Let me try and work around the feed first." There was slight worry in Draven's voice and I knew as much as he tried to act like he didn't care, he did.

"We'll be fine." Looking over to River I made sure that he was fully comfortable with the situation and I almost felt stupid for that second guessing.

Of course he was ready for this. This was the type of shit he did every night when he was with his brothers or mine.

"I'm coming with you." Determination was in Draven's voice but River was quick to shot him down as he got out of the car.

"Stay there and don't move." He didn't even look back at Draven but the message was clear and Draven almost huffed as he sat back in his seat.

When we were far enough away from the car I bumped my shoulder with River giving him a knowing look.

"You still care." I beamed knowing fully well what the underlining situation of his command was.

"More like I don't feel like get my ass kicked by his mom. Zoe was probably some how watching our exchange." He shivered probably remembering a time she had busted him doing something he shouldn't.

There was only three people in this world that River would fully admit he'd never stand up to and funny enough they were all woman.

Zoe.

Kate, his mom.

My mom.

Funny enough I've watched him stand up to my dad without a second guess. My dad was just impressed by his outburst that dad had told Reagan to keep River close.