SIMULA(Prologue)

"Krisha, how many patients do I have to visit today?"

Tanong ko sa aking secretary na si Krisha.

"You have to visit 20 patients today doc." Sagot ni Krisha while holding the charts.

"Ok, I will be starting in 5 minutes."

I am Dra. Mary Francine Lao. I am 33 years old, YESS, you heard it right I am 33, still single and lampas na sa kalendaryo! I graduated my pre-med course which is BS medical technology and medicine in Cebu Doctor's University. I graduated as a Magna Cummlaude for BSMT and Cummlaude for medicine. I passed the boards and continued residency for my specialization.

I was about to call Krisha to inform her that I am going to start my rounds already, but I heard my phone beeped. I fished my phone out of my pocket and turned it on for me to find out what the notification is about. I rolled my eyes in reading the notification it was just from my college classmate group chat. I turned my phone off again and called Krisha to inform her that I will start my rounds. After informing her I already started my rounds to visit my patients admitted in the hospital.

After doing my rounds, I sat down on my chair in my clinic for a while and got my phone out from my wallet to see the messages in the group chat, kanina pa kasi nag nonotify nakakairita na, I am thinking of muting the group chat again to have my own peace.

While reading the messages, I see that we will be having a reunion held by the school, but our batch is the one assigned to coordinate it this year. Everyone was so active in the group chat, I feel bad for not answering them because they always mention me and say "France, ano sa tingin mo, is it nice?", so I replied to their messages.

"What's the plan?" I typed and sent.

" OMG!! Finally, you replied, the reunion is coming and our batch is assigned, we think that it should be held near the school or even sa resort or sa function, sa school. What do you think?" Replied by Emmy one of my classmates which is a friend of mine but not so close.

"That would be great so that we can visit the school na rin, when is it going to be held or like what should we wear and the theme?" I asked.

" Ohhh girl, we already have a plan. It is going to be held on the anniversary of the university and that is 3 months from now, the theme would be semi-formal, and the color would be red and black, we will send the invitations to all of the batches but through the alumni." Replied by Luna who is my classmate and the president of our batch back then.

"That's good, I will check my schedule and by the way, is everyone going to join?" I asked.

"Of course, everyone is going to join but I will send invitations just to be sure." Luna replied.

After reading Luna's message I suddenly stopped, I remembered something or should I say someone. I slapped my face for me not to think of that person again.

"Ok, thanks for informing me." I replied and turned off my phone after.

I put my phone back in my pocket and started to ready my bag for me to go to my clinic outside of the hospital. I folded my coat and called Krisha for her to call manong driver to pick us up at the entrance.

As I was riding the car my mind flew back to what happened years ago.

"I will only love you and I am going to marry you once we are successful"

Successful my ass, then where are you know? I rolled my eyes and shrugged off the emotions and thoughts.

As soon as we arrived at the clinic, I saw lots of patients and I smiled at them. I entered the room and as soon as I sat down Krisha layed some records of the patients on the table, I kindly said thank you and said, "Let the first patient come in 10 minutes from now.", she nodded and got out.