Chapter 22

"Who is the guy beside Taehyung?"

Mr Lim looked at her daughter who's glaring at Jungkook, "Just a random boy toy."

"Boy toy?" His daughter, Courtney scoffed, "I don't think so, dad. Everyone knows Taehyung hates skin ship. Look at Taehyung, he's wrapping his arms around the boy's waist."

"Whether the boy is a toy or lover to Taehyung, it doesn't matter to us. Just get rid of him, then you can get married with your man." Mr Lim stated, sipping his wine.

"How? How to get rid of him?" Courtney asked with gritted teeth, glaring at Jungkook's who's giggling cutely.

Courtney clenched her fist, somehow, deep down inside her heart, she doesn't want to hurt someone who giggled so purely.

"Oh it's really easy, sweetheart. The boy is so damn sensitive. Just now I just said him being too fragile, he cried!"

"Cried? Doesn't Taehyung hate people crying the most?" She turned over, looking at her dad confusingly.

"That's doesn't matter. For now, we need to kill that boy."

"Kill?!" Courtney looked around, afraid people might heard her words, "We don't kill people, dad!" She whispered out.

"I know we don't but he'll be an exception. He's blocking the way for us to get wealthy, and all I know is I need to get rid of him." Mr Lim patted his daughter's back, "And you're fully in charge of removing that boy."

"Why me?" She almost screamed out, "I won't risk my future on it."

Seeing the stubborn look of his daughter, Mr Lim sighed, "I got it I got it. We won't kill him. But we need him to threaten Taehyung. So you'll be the one who manipulate him. Is it okay?"

"Promise me you won't hurt him?"

Mr Lim smirked, "Promise. Just bring that boy to me."

Courtney hesitantly nodded her head.

"I knew you very well, Courtney. You're easy to have sympathy toward others. Don't play any tricks on me. My men will be all around watching you." Mr Lim's gaze darkened, "Just let you know, you'll equally be doomed if you didn't bring that boy to me."

--------------------------------------------------

"Can I have that chocolate, hyungie?" Jungkook asked Taehyung with his eyes sparkling, pointing at a basket that filled with chocolates that wrapped with colourful wrappings.

"Go take it if you want." Taehyung shrugged, making the boy smiled widely.

Just when he was about to drag Taehyung with him, a business man stopped Taehyung.

Jungkook puckered his lips, staring at Taehyung who started talking with the business man.

"Fine! I'll go take it myself!" Jungkook mumbled, stomping his way towards the table, his hand reached out to grab some chocolates.

Before he could do so, a hand grabbed his wrist.

Jungkook quickly looked up, Bambi eyes widen when he saw a woman standing in front of him.

"Hello?" Jungkook tilted his head, greeting softly.

"Hi! My name is Courtney. Nice to meet you!" Courtney held a big smile on her face, making Jungkook smile too.

"Hello, Courtney! I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you too! How old are you? I'm 17!"

"I'm 20 years old." Courtney replied shortly.

"Then you can be my noona!" Jungkook exclaimed cutely, clapping his hands, "Finally I have a noona, not hyungie!"

Courtney's heart clenched when he heard Jungkook called her noona. It's been long since someone called her noona.

"Why are you here, noona?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm here with my dad." Courtney forced a smile out.

"Oh I'm here with my hyungie!" Jungkook started to ramble mindlessly, "My hyungie is really great. He's so kind and sweet and..."

Courtney stared at the adorable boy in front of her who muttering cutely. No, I can't hurt him. Her inner voice said.

Her eyes widen in fear when she saw her father's men scattering all around the hall.

"Noona?" Courtney's gaze again fixed on Jungkook when the boy called her.

She shook her head, "I can't..."

Jungkook's eyebrows creased to a frown, "You can't what, noona?"

"Listen up, Jungkook. Did you see those guys who dressed in suit with dotted pattern?" Courtney pointed at one of her father's man. Earning a nod from the boy, she continues, "Avoid them as best as you can. And find your hyungie straight away. He'll protect you."

"But why-" "Do as I said, okay?" Courtney said firmly.

Jungkook nodded his head, "O-Okay, noona."

"Good." Courtney cursed out when she made eye contact with one of her father's man, "Shit. I need to go too. See you soon if I have that chance."

Jungkook watched the woman who walked away, shrugging softly. He looked around, trying to find Taehyung but he can't.

"Ahh!" Jungkook yelped loudly when someone placed covered his mouth with hand. The poor petite boy tried to scream but everything went muffled.

He got poorly dragged out of the crowd, heading towards a dark place.

Cliffhanger UwU 🥺

The number of my notifications is kinda

The number of my notifications is kinda... ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯