╰┈✎ 08; ❝ PREPARATIONS ❞

Start from the beginning

Serin had scooted to the side so the boy wouldn't have to turn his head too far as she replied "I don't think there will be a substitute."

"Kero? But his wounds were serious kero. Surely he wouldn't force himself to come here." Asui had said to which Serin shrugged.

It was quickly proven that Aizawa was a boss as he came in with bandages around his face as if mummified with both of his arms were in a cast.

"You're back too soon!" The class said worried about his health. "You're too much of a pro!" Kaminari stuttered as Iida's hand shot through the air "So you're all right Aizawa-sensei?"

"Can you really call that alright?"

"My well-being doesn't matter." He said reaching his desk "More importantly the fight isn't over yet."

"What if they attack again or something?"

"Apparently, they think of it's as the school showing that our crisis management system is solid as a rock by holding the event." Aizawa informed the class.

"Security will also be strengthened to five times that of the previous years. Above all, our sports festival is a huge chance. It's not an event to be cancelled just because of a few villains."

Serin straightened her posture as she finally regained composure, a skeptical look was on her face at Aizawa's announcement. 'Even so we'll be using our quirks that will be broadcasted wouldn't the villains use it as an opportunity to gain information?' serin knew different ways to gather information or how to deal with people, it was part of her past so she could put her mind in a villain's shoes and anticipate or atleast understand what they may do.

"But that's a good reason, isn't it? it's just a sports festival." Mineta said. "Mineta, you've never seen the sports festival?" Midoriya asked his fellow classmate.

"Of course I have! That's not what I  meant!" 

"Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In the past the Olympics were considered the festival of sports and the whole country was crazy about them. As you know with reductions in scale and population, they're now a shell of their former glory."

"And now, for Japan what has taken the place of those Olympics, is the YUUEI Sports festival!"

"Of course all the top heroes around the country will be watching. For scouting purposes." Yaoyorozu said.

"I know that. ." Mineta said.

"After we graduate, it's typical to join a pro agency as a sidekick." Everybody chattered about the possibilities of being scouted and yet Serin didn't seem to care about such an important topic, Todoroki noticed, it was as if she was sure of something.

Todoroki was curious. Serin was a mysterious girl who's clearly hiding some thing or maybe some things. Yet he didn't bother to actively pry, it wasn't his business, besides he had better things to do like to train half of his quirk while neglecting the other.

His eyes trailed back to the front as class finally started.

'he's been staring at me here and there, is he suspicious?' Serin thought. She wasn't blind, she wasn't ignorant not to notice her classmate's sudden interest in her. 'It doesn't seem to be suspicions but more on curiosity, so I guess I don't have anything to worry about.'