Chapter 16 This is War

Começar do início

"Now you are sounding like Levi."

"Enough," I cut in, growing annoyed with how childish the old boys were being, "I'm Satan. Get over it already."

I couldn't believe that I was the most mature out of them even though I was the youngest.

Good god.

I brought my attention back to the 'arena', noticing that the battle was about to begin.

"Lucifer," I called, "Looks like it's about to start."

"About damn time," Beel let out in impatience.

Agreed.

I wanted to find Baji as quickly as possible. I was already growing in anxious thoughts.

Deep breath. You'll save him.

"Remember the plan," I heard Kairi say to us.

"Yeah. We got it, boss," Levi let out.

Asmodeus spoke, "I don't know how we plan on making ourselves known as a powerful gang with only the seven of us."

Honestly. Good question when Valhalla has 300 members to only our 7.

Even I was skeptical about this. I have yet to see any of my comrades fight. Even if I had the ability to take 75 of the low ranking members down, it would be a struggle for the rest. Especially if there were some with strength like the captains of Toman.

"We only need the seven of us," Masashi said, "Trust me. Now pay attention idiots. The Vice-Commander of Toman is walking up to the overseer of the fight with someone from Valhalla."

My eyes narrowed as I recognized who it was. I remembered him from when I paid a visit in the Valhalla hideout. I took a mental note of his appearance and even asked Kairi's brother some questions about him.

"That's Kazutora," I told them.

"You sure?" I nodded to Kairi's question. "Good. Now we know what he looks like."

"Leave him to me," I said.

I was going to stop him from taking Baji's life no matter what it took.

"Of course," she responded.

We watched as Kazutora punched the overseer in the face and gut. He declared to Toman that Valhalla was there to kill them all and fuck any conditions, which caused both gangs to rush at each other at once.

"Right," I said, "I'm off."

"Good luck."

--------

I kept getting stared at by multiple people as I kept looking around the battlefield for Baji. I ignored them all to focus on my mission. It was like everything else was a blur to me. All I wanted to see was Baji. Alive. I wasn't sure how long I had been searching until I realized he wasn't anywhere in sight.

Where the fuck are you, Baji?

"Mikey!"

The sound of my brother's name being screamed woke me up. I searched for him only to see some people looking up at the mountain of cars. My eyes widened slightly as Mikey slowly stood up, blood falling from his forehead.

What the hell happened?

While I was distracted, some Valhalla punk crashed into me. I turned around to see that he had been pushed by some low ranking Toman member who was beat up and out of breath.