Chapter 16: Gut Feelings

Start from the beginning

Mina: Taehyung-oppa saw everything and helped him. He hasn't mentioned it yet, I'm sorry.

Mrs. Park: It's okay.

Mr. Park: This would've never happened if he stayed in our house. Once he wakes up, I'll tell him to go back.

Rosé: Appa, Jimin's not gonna be happy.

Mr. Park: Do you know anything about this? Tell me, why did he insist on living somewhere else?

Rosé: He already told you, he wants to be independent and responsible.

Mr. Park: I don't know. I feel like he's hiding something. Is it a girlfriend? Are they living together?

Ryujin: A—aniya!

Mr. Park: So, he got a girlfriend? Let's just ask the girl to live with us too. That's not gonna be a problem. I just want my son to be safe.

Ryujin: I mean, Jimin— ahhh oppa... he doesn't have a girlfriend. He just really wants to live alone. You know him, he's a weirdo.

Mr. Park: Jinjja.

Ryujin: Him? He even had a hard time approaching me, let alone getting a girlfriend.

When the doctor came in, Mina woke her friend up for them to give space to Jimin's family. Before leaving the room, Jimin's father asked Taehyung to wait for him outside and he agreed. After explaining Jimin's conditions to them, Mr. Park went out to meet Taehyung. His eyes were full of gratitude knowing that this person just saved his son's life.

Mr. Park: *bows* I don't know how to thank you. The doctor said that if you didn't see him, he might be in a coma now. So, thank you.

Taehyung: You're welcome. *bows* Uhm, sir. What action are you going to take next? Are you going to sue the attacker? I know who he is.

Mr. Park:  Well, that's the plan.

Taehyung: Arasseo, I will also make sure that he'd be kicked out of the University.

Aside from witnessing Bang Chan hurt his colleague, Taehyung was also aware of his harassment towards Jeongyeon. So although wanting to keep his low profile, he just couldn't shrug it all off and do nothing.

Taehyung was stealing glances at Mina the whole time they were in the car. The vehicle was filled with silence until he decided to ask the cab driver to stop driving.

Mina: W— wae?

Taehyung: Let's just walk from here. *gives cash to the driver* Kamsahamnida!

He pulled Mina carefully to the side of the road and they started walking slowly.

Mina: My house is still far from here.

Taehyung: I know. *glanced at Mina and smiled* I just want to walk with you.

Mina: And why?

Taehyung: Is that not allowed?

▶️ PLAY: I'm in Love - Narsha

Mina: *giggles* Aren't you tired?

Taehyung: Your presence energizes me.

Mina: *gummy smiles* Wow... hmmm, Taehyung-oppa, are you sure you're going to have Chan get kicked out? What if he messes with you next?

Taehyung: Hmm, that's why I asked Mr. Park what he'd do next. He won't be able to do anything to me if he's inside the jail, right?

Mina: But we're not even sure if we have the evidence to prove that he assaulted Jimin-ssi.

Taehyung: I don't know. I just know that this is the right thing to do. I can't stand this.