Chapter seventeen

S U M M E R:

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello, this is doctor Parkson calling. Could I please speak to Summer?" I hear a man saying. Why is a doctor calling?

"Yes this is Summer." I reply back.

"I am sorry to inform you that your mother is currently in the hospital."

I stop breathing. No. She can't leave me too. I already lost dad. She has to be fine.

"Summer, are you still there?" His voice cuts through my thoughts.

"Y-Yes. I am here." I reply in a shaky voice.
"What happened? Is she alright?"

"Your mother is fine now. She had a heart attack. She was out for a few hours but she is up now. I just thought you should now. I would suggest that you come visit her. She keeps asking for you."

A heart attack. Why? Could it be stress from me leaving? I need to go see her now.

"Okay, I will be there in a few hours. Thank you for letting me know."

"You're welcome Summer. Just be safe on the way here. Do not rush. Your mother is okay now." Doctor Parkson says is a soft tone.

I quickly change and brush my teeth. I wake up Beth to tell her that I am going.

"Where are you going?" She asks in a sleepy voice.

"My mom is in the hospital. I need to go see her." Beth quickly sits upright as I say that.

"What happened? Should I go with you?" She asks concerned.

"No thanks, I'm fine. She had a heart attack but the doctor says she'll be fine."

"Okay be careful. See you later." She says as she gives me a big hug.

——————————————

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I am currently writing exams so thing are a bit crazy. But I will try to update more. :)