Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

We arrived at Dylan's frat house a few minutes ago. We are sitting in his bed in an awkward silence.

He breaks the silence by saying by offering if I wanted something to drink.
"Water would be nice" I replied.
"Just wait here and I will be right back with the water"

After he left I looked around his room. He lives in a huge frat house with a bunch of other guys.
His room is really organised. The walls are painted white except for one wall that is a dark forest green colour.
His bed is pushed up against the green wall  with two wood bedside tables on each side.
The right wall has a desk in the middle with two bookshelves on either side.
On the left wall there is a dresser with a clothing rack next to it. There are a few big, winter jackets being displayed on the clothing rack.

I must admit I expected his room really different. I guess it's stereotypical of me to think this, but I expected a really messy room. His room is quite the opposite of that.

I stand up to look through his books that are on the shelves. The great gatsby, Romeo and Juliet and a few other shakespear books.

I suddenly spin around when I hear someone clearing their throat.

"You enjoyed searching through my room?" Dylan says with that stupid smirk on his face.

"Sorry" I look down at the floor. "I just wanted to see what kind of books you read. I didn't mean to be nosy"

I hear him put the glasses down on the dresser and he walks towards me.
He lifts my chin up and says "It's okay Summer I don't mind"

"You know, I really didn't peg you the type to read Romeo and Juliet" I say and turn towards the bookshelves.

"I guess there is a lot more to me than you thought" he says. "He grabs the glasses off the dresser and hands me a glass. "Here you go"

"Thanks" He holds his hand out towards his bed, saying that I sit on the bed.

"You want to watch a movie or something?" He rubs the back of his neck and he looks a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah sure that sounds nice"
He put his laptop down on the bed and chooses a movie.

I move towards his headboard and he puts his arm around my shoulders. I cuddle closer to him and he plays the movie.