Rule 12: The Queen is Still Human

Darjani silently brooded as she watched Somadina and Adonis, both of them way too close. Their bodies were pressed against each other as they both sat on Miroslava's couch, laughing at something on the boy's phone.

If she was being honest with herself, she had an inkling as to why their closeness was so irritating. But was she going to admit it? Fuck no! That was an idea that she was not planning on entertaining.

However, she sure as hell wasn't going to embarass herself by staring.

She stood up from where she sat and walked towards the bar where Miroslava and Dominic were currently at.

Adonis looked up from his phone as Darjani walked past him. His eyes scanned her from head to toe, from her beautiful braids to her thick thighs and then her expensive shoes, then going back up to her angular face once again.

She was so beautiful it almost hurt.

"I know this girl," He turned back to his phone. Somadina was talking about a girl whose nudes they were currently looking at, "She goes to Adderhall. Her dad's a congressman."

"Her life's probably a living hell right now," Adonis muttered, "Someone's probably using this as blackmail."

"She shouldn't have sent it, stupid move if you ask me." Somadina rolled her eyes and turned to look where Darjani was, "The person she sent it to was a dick though. Why spread her nudes? She trusted you."

"That's why trust shouldn't be given freely."

"It shouldn't be betrayed."

"Adonis! Somadina! You guys should stop your flirting over there!" Miroslava yelled, laughing.

Adonis gave her his middle finger while Somadina just laughed.

"I've never seen Adonis get so close to someone in so short a time," Dominic frowned as he stared at the two, a glass of wine dangling from his fingertips as he sat at Miroslava's bar

"He's looking at fresh meat," Darjani smirked as she placed a hand on Dominic's shoulder, feeling him tense up, "Allow the poor boy."

Miroslava eyed them slightly.

Dominic subconsciously brought his hand up to place atop Darjani's, "To fuck the newbie?" He craned his head to look up at her.

"Have you guys seen Adamata? That bitch better not go snooping," Miroslava walked out of the large sitting in search of Adamata, leaving Dominic alone to try and fail to resist Darjani.

"Tell me something, Darjani," his eyes fell to her lips for but a moment before quickly snapping back to her eyes.

"What is it?" She answered, oblivious to the blonde boy also staring at her.

"Why did you kiss Adonis today?"

She smiled and removed her hand from his shoulder, "He kissed me."

"You moved to kiss his neck, Darjani. Why? Don't tell me you didn't know I was there."

She sat down on a stool next to him, "You don't get to do that, Dominic."

"What?" He narrowed his eyes at her.

"You don't get to question me about kissing Adonis while you're dating Yvonne. We're not together."

"You seem to forget that whenever you come on to me." He gulped down the remaining liquid in the glass.

"You also forget that whenever you give in to me," her tone got lower as her mood darkened, "You don't see me interrogating you whenever you decide to kiss your girlfriend."

"I know you don't like Yvonne but you don't have to punish me as well."

"Punish you?" She sharply turned to look at Adonis and Somadina staring at her after her outburst.

Dominic sighed then took her hand, "Let's go somewhere private."

She harshly removed her hand from his and followed him up the stairs into one of Miroslava's guest rooms.

"Isn't Dominic dating that blonde American?" Somadina looked at Adonis.

"He is. So shut up and say nothing to her." The Greek continued scrolling through his phone.

"Darjani looks better with him." She shrugged.

"Darjani looks good in anything, with anything."

"Oh," the Nigerian smirked, "You like her?"

"No, I-"

"Kill your feelings, Adonis. Darjani won't go for you, she clearly has her eyes on Dominic." Adonis' eyes widened at her words. No wonder Darjani liked this bitch, she was just like them.

"I didn't think you saw this as punishment," Darjani closed the door behind her as Dominic sat on the king sized bed, head hung low.

"You seduce me into cheating on my girlfriend, then kiss another boy in my presence. If that's not punishment, then what is?" He looked at her with tired eyes. "I know you don't like Yvonne. But why punish me as well? Because I'm dating her?"

"Oh please, don't play the victim here, Dominic.  In school, after Adonis' party, your head was perfectly clear and you still kissed me, even with your originial intention to talk about your girlfriend. You were in total control of your actions so don't act like you've done nothing wrong. Don't deny any blame, that's pathetic."

"I am pathetic!" He abruptly stood up from the bed, "I'm weak too. God, no matter how hard I try, I can not deny you. If you strip naked right now, I'll fuck you, knowing full well I have a girlfriend. You know that, so why do this to me? Do you have any idea how this affects me?"

Darjani's eyes widened, then she bit her lip and tore her gaze from his. In truth, she hadn't considered his feelings in her quest against Yvonne. But still, he-he! She couldn't even figure out a way to turn it against him.

"Is it my fault you're so weak?" Her voice was barely a whisper, barely able to be heard. She absentmindedly bit her lip, unable to face him.

"It's not, but that doesn't mean you should use it against me."

"I'm sorry," finally, she turned to face him, looking obviously awkward and uncomfortable, "I shouldn't use it against you. I'm sorry."

He turned away from her and sat on the bed. For a moment he was quiet then he laid down on his back, hands covering his face and let out a loud sigh

"I'm fucked, Darjani," he breathed out, "I cheated on her. I'm so fucked, I can't even look at her the same again."

"So break up with her," Darjani was uncomfortable standing there, looking at Dominic laying on the bed.

She so badly wanted to move closer to him, to lay her hand on his skin. But there was no way she was taking even a step in his direction.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" He chuckled.

"Wonder why?" She was taking a gamble with this, but who cares?

She should be allowed to take at least one risk, shouldn't she?

"You like me, Darjani. I know. I've known for a while," He stood up and walked over to her.

"You fucker-"

"Wonder why I don't want you kissing Adonis? Why I'm so weak around you?"

"Dominic, what the-" She froze as his fingers held her jaw.

"But I won't be your conquest."