Chapter One

ꕥ ✨ ꕥ

ꕥ ✨ ꕥ

The sun slowly rises and I open my eyes, sighing as I stand from our cosy bed. J-Hope seems to be in deep sleep so I don't bother waking up. He has so much going on with the comeback.

The In The Soop holiday didn't rest him up completely.

Once the bathroom light is on I lock the door and undress, hopping in the shower.

My eyes wonder around the room to fall on my pitiful reflection in the mirror. I've grown so skinny these past months...

I momentarily close my eyes and turn on the water, letting it flood on my body. I know I just slept for 9 hours straight but I still feel terribly exhausted.

Only two weeks left.

That thought lifts my spirit and I get on with my shower, getting dressed, pulling on a casual outfit. I'm supposed to accompany Hobi to his shooting for his new album.

The concept is badass and hot, I really like it.

"Babe?" I turn my head to the door, recognising his husky morning voice. A small smile appears on my lips but I finish my make up before agreeing to open the door.

He tries the doorknob a few times.

"Hold on, baby, I'm nearly done." I say before glancing at my reflection.

I'm very satisfied with my work and walk to the bathroom door, unlocking it and pushing it open to be met by a sleepy Hoseok.

I smile his way and he frowns.

"Why do you lock the door these days?" I feel slightly embarrassed and shrug.

"I don't know..." I look down at my hands and he remains standing in the doorway, studying me.

"Hyun-Ae, baby."

His tone is so kind and soft, and it enables me to look up and meet his beautiful deep brown eyes.

"We've been living together for four years, we used to take showers together all the time, is there anything you have to hide from me now?"

I suddenly escape his inquiring glance. I'm doing a terrible job lying to him.

His head tilts to the side and he glances down at my body, a concerned look on his features.

"Baby, tell me what's wrong." He tries again and I shake my head.

"Nothing's wrong, Hoseok." I cut, walking past him and leaving the oppressive situation.

I regret my tone as soon as the words left my mouth. Using his name like that, the impatience obvious...

Everything leads him to interpret my behaviour in the wrong way.

I hear the door shut rather loudly from the living room and sit down on the sofa with a heavy sigh.