"I don't need anything."

"As you wish. Well, give them to Mayor Mills. Seems like she was the closest thing he had to family."

"I'm not sure about that."

"No love lost there, I see. Look, I feel that all of this stuff is headed for the trash bin -- you really should take something. Look -- his jacket."

"No."

"Well, look. Your boy and Odette might like these, don't you think? You could play together." He held up several walkie talkies.

"I don't-"

"No, please. They... They grow up so fast."

"Thanks."

"You enjoy these with your boy. Your time together is precious, you know? That's the thing about children -- before you know it, you lose them."

HENRY'S CASTLE

Emma met Odette and Henry at the castle, holding walkie talkies. She sat between them and handed them both one.

"Brought you two something," Emma said. "Thought we could use them together for Operation Cobra."

"Thanks," Henry answered.

"Oh, come on! What's up? You've been ducking me for weeks."

"I think we should should stop Cobra stuff for awhile. You don't play with the curse. Look what happened to Graham."

"Henry, I told you they did an autopsy. It was totally natural causes."

"Okay, whatever. You don't believe, like Odette, -- good. That should keep you from messing with it. And getting killed."

Emma looked at Henry. "You're worried about me."

"She killed Graham because he was good -- and you're good."

"Henry..." Odette began.

Henry cut her off. "Good loses -- good always loses. Because good has to play fair -- evil doesn't. She's evil. This is probably best. I don't want to upset her anymore."

Henry gave Emma back his walkie talkie and left. Odette glanced at Emma with a concerned expression.

SHERIFF STATION

Emma made her way back to the station and threw her keys on her desk. Derek glanced up with a small smile.

The Sheriff's badge was on the desk. Emma was about to put it on.

Regina entered and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. that's not for you."

Emma frowned. "It's been two weeks -- promotion's automatic."

"Unless the Mayor appoints someone else within the time period, which I'm doing today."

"So who's it going to be?"

"After due reflection -- Sidney Glass."

"Sidney from the newspaper?" Derek asked. "How does that even make sense?"

"Well, he's covered the Sheriff's Office for as long as anyone can remember."

"And he'll do whatever you want him to," Emma said. "You just cannot stand the fact that things have been getting better around here, can you?"

"Better? Are you referring to Graham's death as 'better'?"

"No."

"He was a good man, Miss Swan. He made this town safe, and forgive me for saying it, but you have not earned the right to wear his badge."