Chapter 94: Betrayal

Start from the beginning

Linked?

She Weilong was struck dumb. Were those two... together? He remembered that Fu Li daojun's original form was a rabbit. For a rabbit to be with a dragon, wasn't the difference in their original forms a bit too big? No wonder the Dragon Lord spent a million yesterday night on bidding for that lousy wooden carving. It was definitely because there was a dragon and rabbit on it.

Unexpected, truly unexpected. The grand chief of the management bureau, Dragon Lord Zhuang Qing, was actually engaging in an office romance.

Despite the fact that Zhuang Qing was walking very slowly, the two people eventually made it out of the snake compound. Gazing at the hand Fu Li had released, he said nonchalantly, "Let's go."

"Handsome brothers, how about buying some panda headbands?" A young girl at a selling booth greeted them enthusiastically. "They're very cheap. One for twenty yuan, and thirty yuan for two. Many visitors bought it today, why not get one too?"

Twenty for one, and only thirty for two – it seemed like they would save ten yuan. Fu Li unhesitatingly fished out thirty yuan and bought two panda headbands.

"For you," Fu Li wore one and took out his phone, using the front camera to happily look at himself. The fluffy animal ears were very nice to look at. Having looked enough at the camera, he offered the remaining one to Zhuang Qing.

"For what?" Zhuang Qing remained unmoved. How could a dignified seven chi man wear this sort of thing?

"We have to blend into the masses' way of life, look at how many people are wearing it," Fu Li pointed around them. There were indeed many people wearing panda hats or panda ears among the visitors that came and went. "We must move from the masses to the masses, wearing this is called 'integrating deeply into the masses'."

This sort of fallacious reasoning couldn't move Zhuang Qing. He was going to reject it again when Fu Li reached out and placed the headband on his head. Then, he grabbed Zhuang Qing's hand. "Let's wear them together, don't take it off."

The corner of Zhuang Qing's lips twitched. He looked at Fu Li, who was all smiles. "Let go."

"I'll let go if you promise not to take it off."

Zhuang Qing stared at Fu Li for a few seconds before saying helplessly, "Let go, I won't take it off."

"Wouldn't it have been good if you'd gone ahead with this earlier?" Fu Li let go of Zhuang Qing's hand and adjusted the angle of the panda ears on his head. "You're clearly younger than me, so why do you live your life like an old and decrepit man? The humans have invented so many interesting toys, don't you think it's a waste not to experience them?"

Zhuang Qing watched the panda ears on Fu Li's head sway as he spoke. Springs were attached at the bottom of the ears to raise the panda ears' level of meng, so the ears would sway back and forth with the slightest shift of the head. It would definitely be cuter if it were rabbit ears, thought Zhuang Qing somewhat absent-mindedly.

He cocked his head self-consciously. Following behind Fu Li, they moved forward slowly.

Several young girls not far from them had long since been attracted by their looks. Shrieks nearly escaped their mouths when they saw Fu Li putting the panda hairband on Zhuang Qing.

"Those two were Chairman Zhuang and Assistant Fu, right?"

"That's them, I swear on the video on my computer."

"I really didn't think that two men's interactions could be so provocative that my young girl's heart would thump nonstop. But Assistant Fu and Chairman Zhuang are really handsome. Chairman Zhuang's expression when he doesn't want to wear the panda ears but has no choice but to compromise because he dotes on Assistant Fu is such a perfect textbook example of a lover."