Chapter 90: Red Carpet

Start from the beginning

Was it because Song Yu was too ugly?

The annual charity evening party was a venue for celebrities from all social circles to flaunt their fame and wealth. Businessmen, scholars, and celebrities were the main players at the charity evening party. At this time, bored netizens would pay the most attention to the famous brand that donated the most, the celebrity that wore the prettiest clothes, and the person who was stingy and donated less. This annual night event was always a huge show full of twists and turns.

As a local, old, and famous luxury goods company, despite Chang Long's representative not being as eye-catching as the celebrities, they still had quite a lot of presence in the eyes of numerous netizens. This was because their products were too expensive and too effective. Despite being pressured by many foreign luxury products, they continued to stand tall and was even passed down for many years. Mystery and grandeur surrounded it.

The evening party hadn't begun, but there were already netizens mocking that Chang Long would definitely be donating vehicles and money again this year and that they would send the beautiful and charismatic female director to represent them. The beautiful and female director they spoke about was Xu Yuan, who was slightly more popular than the rest of the management bureau staff. In the eyes of the female netizens, Xu Yuan was young and capable. Although she hadn't gotten married and given birth to children, she was never lacking in outstanding men to stand by her side. She was practically the example of a successful woman.

Naturally, the netizens didn't know that these outstanding men were all employees of the management bureau. In addition, the majority of them could not fundamentally be considered men, but were instead male in the animal world, since they were yao.

Xu Yuan had her own weibo account with a significant number of fans. Therefore, on the day of the charity event, there were fans who asked Xu Yuan which male companion she would be appearing with on the red carpet. In the previous years, Xu Yuan had always appeared with a male companion, and most of these male companions were all artists with more fame, so the netizens could not be blamed either for gossiping in this manner.

The fans of many male artists were awaiting the result, because the male artist that appeared with Xu Yuan would always become Chang Long's male luxury goods ambassador. Many people wanted their idols to snatch this ambassador position. As a result, there were quite a few fans posting their idols' photos in the comment section. As one of the most popular male artists currently, She Weilong's photo naturally also appeared in the comment section.

However, She Weilong hated that he couldn't kneel in front of these fans and plead with them not to help him raise his sense of presence. Ordinary humans wouldn't know the truth behind Chang Long Company, but he was very clear what exactly this company was. It was clearly the cultivation world's government; who would run to the government for no reason?

She Weilong's manager saw him twisting left and right as he sat in front of the makeup mirror. "Wei Long, what's with you?"

"The weather's been dry lately, my back is a bit itchy," She Weilong laughed dryly. Not only was it itchy, it even felt chilly.

"It might be your first time attending a charity party, but you don't have to be nervous. The entire process of the evening party will be broadcasted live, so everyone present will be more controlled. When you reach, just take note of your etiquette," The manager looked very highly upon She Weilong's talent and the company was also interested in supporting him, which was why they didn't intend to let him create something out of nothing to influence the favorable impression bystanders had of him just for the sake of attention.

"I know," She Weilong nodded. To him, humans were not a form of existence that he needed to fear.

Seeing that he was keeping his composure, the manager was also reassured.