Jack's kiss had really gotten my blood pumping.

'Okay...' Mum chuckled. 'What's gotten into you? Why are you so happy all of a sudden? It's very unlike you Romie.' She asked while walking over to Joey who had just climbed out of his truck.

'G'day girls! I hope I'm not intrudin.' Joey said while greeting me and my mum with a hugs.

'Aww no probs, I've missed ya! Hey, ya hungry?' I ask while pulling away from his squishy hug.

'Now that ya mention it, I'm starvin! Amy, you wouldn't happen to have some of that amazin cookin of yours that I could try?' He's asked while poking my mum in the arm. Joey is only a few years older than me, him being 25 years old. But he still acts like a big kid almost 100% of the time, despite how dangerous his line of work is.

'You flatter me!' Mum replied while walking up into the house with Joey.

'Come on Jack!' I whisper while grabbing his hand and pulling him up the back stairs and into the house with me.

~~~A little while later~~~

'Romie, what happened to ya back door? And what did ya do to ya head? Ya gumby.' Joey asked from across the dinner table. Mum had made Sheppard's Pie and we were all sitting at the table eating. All except Jack who was a few meters away, eating on the couch. Not only was he invisible to mum and Joey, but the plate of food he had on his lap was also invisible.

'Umm... I tripped on that bottom step again and the door was like that when I found it.' I told him.

'Hey, are you three beautiful girlies doin anythin tomorra? It's Sundey.' Joey asked.

'Not really, I had planned on doing a bit of gardening but I think it's going to be too hot to be doing that kind of work. Why?' My mum asked.

'Well I don't mean to botha ya but I would really appreciate it if I could stay and sleep in ya spare room? My truck's outta fuel and it's too dark to attempt and refuel it. In return for letting me stay I'll fix ya back door and that back step in the mornin.' Joey asked and offered.

'Of course you can stay! You know you're always welcome. I'll go and get you a fresh towel. I had half expected you to stay, so I already cleaned that spear room and put fresh sheets on the bed.' Mum said while collecting all of our empty plates.

'Yay!' Jessica yelled when mum agreed to let Joey stay.

After dinner I said good night to everyone and retired to my bedroom.

'Jessica seems happy that Joey is staying.' Jack said while following me down the hall, to my room.

'Yeah, he's kind of like a big brother to us, so he's more than welcome to stay.' I replied while opening the door, letting us both in.

'Oooo, cool room.' Jack stated while looking around. 'Lol thanks, it's nothing really that impressive.' I said while sitting on the end of my single bed.

'Lol? Did you just say lol? Since when did you text talk?' Jack teased.

'Oi, shut up, it's just somethin I do on occasion.' I said while rolling my eyes at him.

'Oh, ok then, lol' Jack laughed continuing the joke.

'Oi! That just earned you this!' I said while punching him in the arm.

'Haha, ow! Ok, ok, I'm done' Jack said while holding his hands up in defeat.

'Ooo, a bean bag!' He said excitedly while tackling himself into it. I laughed at his silly behaviour while I walked to my wardrobe.