Forever Together

Note: and so it ends! I had so much fun on this journey with y'all! I loved seeing the comments as I published, giving me motivation to continue on. I hope to continue seeing more even though it's long since finished! Thank you for sticking with me through my journey, and the Soukoku journey!

As warm winds began to chill, school approaches. Just as that had happened, a wedding came to happen, though it wasn't the traditional wedding, it was elegant and full of joy. Something extravagant like that was expected from the female ginger. She was definitely the proper and put-together sibling compared to her younger brother, Chuuya. Those moments faded into the past when snow wrapped the city in a blanket. The snow gave way to roses, and those flowers gave way to heat. The year passes by with nothing but smiles. Laughter became more common than pain, a pleasantry compared to the year that led them to be together. The passion between the brunette and the ginger never slowed or died, growing with each passing day if that were possible. That single year became two, then three, and soon Dazai found himself done with school, a year after Chuuya, but he'd done it, he'd graduated.

Not only that, but he'd been talking to Chuuya's sister about future plans. Asking for permission to take things into his own hands. He'd asked his own father, of course, though it had only been something short without a negative answer. So today he held a small box between his fingers, they were twenty-three now, Chuuya already owned a clothing line, making progress with the business, slow but promising. Dazai was due to start in a week, he'd be the ginger's little assistant.

That was what this party was for. He rarely ever held parties, but the people who helped him reach that point were here. Given a few unwanted people his dad insisted had to be invited were also here. One of them being a Russian he'd stopped having contact with a few years ago. Some other people were there, including a few friends from the orphans that lived under Mori's roof. Atsushi was in high school now, even had himself an angsty friend named Akutagawa. The boy certainly seemed like he was from centuries back. He wasn't judging since he still looked like a mummy. He was happy friends were being made between everybody. Kyouka even had a friend, her complete opposite. He was a cheery blond named Kenji, his family owned farmland in the more rural areas. The music wasn't that loud, but he was nervous. In the few years since therapy started, he'd learned how to recognize emotions. Yes, he still struggled with himself at times, but things were brighter now. He'd stepped out of the darkness and into the light. Champaign was being passed around for everybody, but the children. Dazai opted for a single glass, just so he could get the courage to speak up in front of so many. Taking a deep inhale, Dazai clanked his fork to the half-empty glass. Getting the attention of everybody around. Three people hid smiles as Dazai nervously shifted around.

"I'd like to thank everybody for coming- He was starting to freeze, glancing everywhere but the ginger and the boy's family.- I wanted to thank everybody that got me here... I'd be six feet under by now if it weren't for my boyfriend. He let me see a little light and helped me through things. Our first year was rough, but we pulled through and now I'm happy and I know he's happy too. Even if he's twenty-three and still only 160cm, he's more of a man than I am. He's always been more than I could ever be. Sometimes I ask myself how I deserve him, so today I have an important question." His palms were sweating as he walked over to Chuuya, finally letting his eyes land on the ginger, who stared back with heavy confusion. Dazai dipped his hand into his jacket, one both he and Chuuya had collaborated to create. When his hand resurfaced, there lay a small velvet box in his hands. His leg swept underneath him, dropping to one knee with a tightness in his chest. Sweat formed on his forehead. He had asked himself if Chuuya would want this over and over again, if Kouyou hadn't shaken him to reality, he'd have chickened out on this earlier. "Nakahara Chuuya, Chibi, may I have the honor of taking your hand in marriage?'' Everything went silent, Chuuya's eyes flying wide as he smiled.